Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Defender Limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any company make a bracket lift kit for a Defender Limited? Seems like they only fit non cab models. Would like a 2” lift without stiffening the stock suspension. You would think there is a market for this. Thanks in advance for replies, could not find any answers in previous discussions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
They will fit the limited I have the Kemimoto on mine for about a year now, just have to loosen rear sway bar some to install. . I emailed Kemimoto they replied it would fit, guess they never updated their page. I know Can Am changed some rear lower a-arms on the lesser models they will not work for though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will fit the limited I have the Kemimoto on mine for about a year now, just have to loosen rear sway bar some to install. . I emailed Kemimoto they replied it would fit, guess they never updated their page. I know Can Am changed some rear lower a-arms on the lesser models they will not work for though.

I emailed Kemimoto yesterday and this was their response;

Dear V Lee,

Thanks for your great support of our product.
We regret to tell you the item doesn't fit your model. Sorry for that.

We will keep making progress to offer better products and service in the future.
Kindly contact us if you have other problems. Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Joie
[email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have it installed on my 2021 limited for about a year now with no issues, I looked for the email from them but I must have since deleted it it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it installed on my 2021 limited for about a year now with no issues, I looked for the email from them but I must have since deleted it it.
Thanks for your input. Did you have to modify the brackets or just loosen the rear sway bar as you had mentioned. Also I wonder why they don’t want to list the Limited as one of the units the brackets fit. Are there other brackets from another company that list it would fit a Limited?

·
Registered
41 Posts
No modifications were needed just had to loosen rear sway bar but didn't disconnect it to allow the arms to lower enough to get the lower shock bolts in. It just seemed with this Covid crap they didn't check to see if any differences in the 2021 models. I know when I researched it some of the DPS models the rear A arms the bolt went straight through the A arms and didn't have the bracket mounted on top of the arms. I think the other companies all say the same as far as the limited.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts

·
Vendor
325 Posts
Thanks for your input. Did you have to modify the brackets or just loosen the rear sway bar as you had mentioned. Also I wonder why they don’t want to list the Limited as one of the units the brackets fit. Are there other brackets from another company that list it would fit a Limited?
What are you trying to accomplish? Just more ground clearance...or shooting for bigger tires? There are different options to get you to where you want to be.

We make a 3" puck lift for it. https://www.superatv.com/can-am-defender-3-lift-kit?sku=LK-CA-T#LTA

Without stiffening your ride, the best bet would be to go with forward A-arms and bigger tires to get you more ground clearance and not effect the ride at all. The lift kit will also help get you there...but may stiffen the ride some.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to add a bit more ground clearance. Don’t want to stiffen the ride and only going up a size or two with tires. Many people say pucks make the ride too hard. Someone should make a bracket lift for the cab models.

·
Vendor
325 Posts
Just wanted to add a bit more ground clearance. Don’t want to stiffen the ride and only going up a size or two with tires. Many people say pucks make the ride too hard. Someone should make a bracket lift for the cab models.
Can't do a good bracket lift for that model. The suspension is already tapped out, and bracket lifts would push the suspension down below the angle the stock axles would bind. Forward A-arms and taller tires would be your best bet for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts