Can-Am ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
We are finally feeling the effects of shutting the world down for a year....

It will only get worse as time goes on. Right now the low bidder gets to set out on the sideline and I look for shortages to expand and prices to continue to rise. Detroit Diesel just shut down their assembly lind for what looks like a mimimum of two weeks due to computer chip shortage. We are having a real time getting parts from Grove/Manitowic.

·
Registered
829 Posts
We are finally feeling the effects of shutting the world down for a year....

It will only get worse as time goes on. Right now the low bidder gets to set out on the sideline and I look for shortages to expand and prices to continue to rise. Detroit Diesel just shut down their assembly lind for what looks like a mimimum of two weeks due to computer chip shortage. We are having a real time getting parts from Grove/Manitowic.
i'm on the other side of the state working for an automotive supplier, and i just got notice that my OT hours are now cut "unless justified". However our production side will continue to crank out exterior and interior parts to make sure we are caught up still. A couple of our big contracts have had shutdowns at their plants which has allowed us to build up stock piles of parts for a cushion

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Ordered a 2021 6x6 Outlander 650. Put money down on January 3. Team CC now telling me BRP won’t even take their order and getting the order to go through in early April is still 50/50 at best.
Thus, what was supposed to be delivered in April won’t be here until August...if I’m lucky.
So I give you two questions:
1) has anyone else experienced this kind of issue getting a wheeler for this summer?
2) what do you think the chances of all these people snowchecking snowmachines right now will get them before the snow flies again?P
Picking my XMR 850 2021 this coming Monday! Ordered it January and were told it was suppose to come early March. Dealer knew nothing and were told it came in early April. I got it from Lockhart's Odyssey in London, Ontario.

I've been hearing the same story for other atv bands like Honda. I have a buddy who looked into getting one and they told him he can get his bike earliest August. Not to mention the prices! No more deals and prices have risen a couple grands.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Picking my XMR 850 2021 this coming Monday! Ordered it January and were told it was suppose to come early March. Dealer knew nothing and were told it came in early April. I got it from Lockhart's Odyssey in London, Ontario.

I've been hearing the same story for other atv bands like Honda. I have a buddy who looked into getting one and they told him he can get his bike earliest August. Not to mention the prices! No more deals and prices have risen a couple grands.
yep! the shortages are across every manufacturer.. honda, yamaha, polaris, can-am, kawasaki, GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just notified that Team CC has my machine. One apparently just showed up on a truck. No others are expected, they can’t order any more, and there are zero Can Am wheelers on their showroom floor.
crazy.
super thankful to have gotten on the list in December and not way down the list of hopefuls.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just talked to lockhart's odyssey near London, Ontario and they said their next shipment of xmr's is september...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just talked to lockhart's odyssey near London, Ontario and they said their next shipment of xmr's is september...
That could be, they already had a 1000 neo Yellow and sold it. I tried to get it, but was too late. I was told by two dealers near me that they are allowed so many units. BRP makes sure they spread them out equally. I am first at one dealer that will be getting a 2021 1000 Neo Yellow XMR. It was ordered first of April, so it is a wait and see thing now. Just got an up date from one of my Dealers. They are done with 2021 orders, I can however order a 2022 come July.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts