Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2021 outlander max XT and I am experiencing a vibration at all speeds and it is very pronounced for the passenger. The vibration is really felt under your feet- to the point that you have to lift your feet on a longer ride because it's so bad. We went on a 50 mile ride and our feet were tingling for nearly an hour after being off the machine. The dealer can't seem to diagnose it (only inspected the clutches and replaced the belt) and the tech team hasn't provided any further information that I am aware of. I have compared it to other 650s and 850s (850 is so smooth) and mine stands out! A member from the Can am customer relations department told me that I purchased the wrong machine for my needs and some people enjoy a machine that vibrates (NO JOKE)!! I have been riding these machines for years and I have never experienced something like this and the company's response is embarrassing. I have 107miles on it and less than 10hours. This appears to be acceptable to the company and they do not want to remedy the issue. I was also told that the 2021 650 motor may have an acceptable vibration that new consumers may have to deal with; if so, DO NOT purchase a 2021 with the 650 motor because you will not enjoy it on longer rides. I am looking for any assistance or input. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
What he said... Also for a test ride swap out front and rear tires and see if the vibration changes up to your steering.. May have a slightly bad tire causing the vibration

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your quick responses! I should have added that the Vibration is greatly reduced when I left off the throttle; it nearly goes away, but comes right back when I engage the throttle again. I will check out the "drive shaft phasing" as well... my next move is to put the machine on jack stands and run it to see if I can tell if the drive shaft is out of balance or not.

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
Does it vibrate if you are in neutral and rev it up?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,201 Posts
Welcome to the site, @RP-NY
the company's response is embarrassing
Yeah, it really is.

Sounds exactly like your rear driveshaft yokes are "out of phase", as suggested above ^

If you find that they are, that's not a "subjective" problem, that's absolutely a repair that your dealer is responsible for fixing, under warranty.

·
Registered
2022 Outlander 850 XT ordered 😉
241 Posts
Yes for drive shaft ( u-joints, nuts holding drive shaft on both yokes). Also I know that your machine is fairly new but I've seen this with a defective rear axle. I was unfortunate to have a dry CV joint on one of my rear axles and the "balls" inside were chewed up badly.

but first start with the prop shaft !!
Luc
Canada

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just for shits, n, giggles grease the u joints? May have been a Friday model. Also make sure all bolts are secure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2021 outlander max XT and I am experiencing a vibration at all speeds and it is very pronounced for the passenger. The vibration is really felt under your feet- to the point that you have to lift your feet on a longer ride because it's so bad. We went on a 50 mile ride and our feet were tingling for nearly an hour after being off the machine. The dealer can't seem to diagnose it (only inspected the clutches and replaced the belt) and the tech team hasn't provided any further information that I am aware of. I have compared it to other 650s and 850s (850 is so smooth) and mine stands out! A member from the Can am customer relations department told me that I purchased the wrong machine for my needs and some people enjoy a machine that vibrates (NO JOKE)!! I have been riding these machines for years and I have never experienced something like this and the company's response is embarrassing. I have 107miles on it and less than 10hours. This appears to be acceptable to the company and they do not want to remedy the issue. I was also told that the 2021 650 motor may have an acceptable vibration that new consumers may have to deal with; if so, DO NOT purchase a 2021 with the 650 motor because you will not enjoy it on longer rides. I am looking for any assistance or input. Thank you.
Not sure if it helps but one time I had a rock in between bottom of motor and frame. It shook the whole quad like crazy! Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts