Can-Am ATV Forum banner

2022 570 xmr

4841 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Vanvolkswagen
Hey new here sorry of this questions been asked a million times , I just got a 22 570 xmr , can't seem to find a slip on with a o2 sensor bung in it anyone know if there's any available yet ?
Also will I need to get a tuner for a slip on ,this is my first can am also first time without a carburetor 馃槀

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Water Motor vehicle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2021 CAN AM 570XT
Hey new here sorry of this questions been asked a million times , I just got a 22 570 xmr , can't seem to find a slip on with a o2 sensor bung in it anyone know if there's any available yet ?
Also will I need to get a tuner for a slip on ,this is my first can am also first time without a carburetor 馃槀 View attachment 106470
big gun evo. mine has one and im really not sure why

Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
Was looking at that pic trying to see if you missed a spot. Looks pretty much covered in mud! :giggle:

You can get any exhaust system and have a bung welded in it for an O2 censor. ;)

Like @Xtxmr said, big gun evo. Probably wouldn't hurt to ask other manufacturers if they will install a California bung.

Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
Would I need a tuner even with a 02sensor
The purpose of an O2 censor is to measure fuel/air mix so the computer can adjust the mix accordingly to maintain a clean burn. I have not played with a Can-Am with an O2 censor yet but if it is anything like automotive use, then your computer should self adjust to the new exhaust system. But may require new parameters to work from. Try it. If it does not adjust properly, then will need a tune.

Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
Trying not to get "too far out in the weeds", here, but there's a distinction I feel needs to be made, along the lines of @Freewill's comments above. Typically, the use of the O2 sensor in the exhaust is only during open-loop operation, or essentially, anything other than WOT. WFO is when the computer moves to closed loop operation, and the O2 sensor is ignored. You'd need a way to measure the A/F ratio leaving the machine, at WOT, to determine whether or not you NEED a tuner.

There's a bit more to it than just that ^, OP, but that's up to you to research and learn about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.