Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm new here. Long time dual sport rider, and previous outlander 800 xxc owner.
I've just purchased a 2022 Maverick Trail 1000 DPS, and I'd like to add a winch.

Of course, Warn is an option but I also see that Can-Am has their own brand of winch.
Does anyone know who makes the new 2022 Can-Am winches and if they are reliable? I read that 2019 or pre-2019 winches were made by Superwinch, but that may no longer be the case. I suppose my question could be considered mute since the new winch Can-Am winch is "new" and doesn't have years under its belt.

Has the new (2019+) Can-Am winch failed you or anyone you know?

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,016 Posts
Welcome aboard. You came to the right place.

My '21 BRP winch (2500 lbs.) has been very reliable over the 15 months it has been in use. It has been used on a regular basis for recoveries. The only mod was a switch to a synthetic cable out of curiosity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tozguy, thanks for the feedback. That sounds like a +1 for the Can-Am winch!

Did you find the upgrade to synthetic worth it? Personally, I run synthetic on my truck winch, I never plan to go back to wire cable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far so good on mine, took us almost three hours to go about 120 yrds with two machines and one wench it was in the snow not mud. Good times 😂
Sounds like you put it to the test and it survived! One of those days you'll remember forever! Those are the best!

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,016 Posts
Yup I'm sold on synthetic cable. All my riding buddies converted to synthetic as well.
My BRP roller style fairlead was kept until recently. Now I am trying the slotted plate style because it is recommended (although I don't understand why it would be better than rollers).

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
271 Posts
I have a 2500 Can am winch on my 19' 570 and its worked every time. Pulled stumps, logs, other quads, it has not failed and I too went with synth, my steel cable got pretty bad pretty quick.

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
271 Posts
I'm no authority but it's held up just fine and I don't pay particular attention to it other than winding out my rope and washing it after it gets used. If it makes you feel any better I plow with it every year as well and I've snapped the rope a few times and the winch seems to not miss a beat. So far I'm really happy with whatever brand it really is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts