Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son ordered a 2022 Can am renegade XMR.. The quad showed up but was apparently missing the electronics. It was missing the ECU, instrument cluster and the speed sensor.. Anybody have any issues similar and how long the wait would be for the electronics?

·
Registered
2022 Outlander 850 XT ordered 😉
310 Posts
Same here (ordered aug 12th) and my Outlander is at the dealer.
Funny thing today. Spoke to a customer/friend who's ex-wife works at BRP and she said that BRP are just starting to pick up the pace with these missing parts.
Will pay a visit at my dealer Friday ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'll be glad when things get back to normal so we do not have to see these same posts every day... sorry guys but it's just the wrong time to buy a machine new or used..... u know if all the motorsports had not had record sales due to covid the supply chain would not have been nearly as bad...

Enjoy your machine when u finally get it all.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll be glad when things get back to normal so we do not have to see these same posts every day... sorry guys but it's just the wrong time to buy a machine new or used..... u know if all the motorsports had not had record sales due to covid the supply chain would not have been nearly as bad...

I'm looking to buy a new outlander 850 xt this saturday, the dealer told me id have to put a deposit down now just to see a delivery for spring. I am totally fine with this as i know how bad the supply shortages are hurting everyone and i know the wait will be worth it. plus i can absorb more knowledge from this forum. 🍻

·
Registered
331 Posts

The good news about all these delays, if there is good news, is that none of my purchases will need financing. LOL, nothing like forcing us to wait and save our money. Talking more about the Ram TRX I have on order than the Renegade XXC I also have on order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all,

I ordered my 2022 Outlander 850XT on October 6th. Dealer said hopefully available Jan/Feb was the time line.
For reference I am in the West Kootenays of British Columbia.
As long as i get delivery by April i will be happy- kinda knew going in that it will be delayed!!
Sold my 2015 XT 650 so quickly may have been a mistake, but i will survive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My son ordered a 2022 Can am renegade XMR.. The quad showed up but was apparently missing the electronics. It was missing the ECU, instrument cluster and the speed sensor.. Anybody have any issues similar and how long the wait would be for the electronics?
Order mine in August for a December delivery. I went by the dealer to check for an update and he said if it comes in December it will probably be missing parts and I will have to wait. He had the same one on the floor but different color so I bought it instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deposit made in early September, delivered to dealer in October, missing "all three" electronics, so there it sits in a crate. When pressed for some sort of update the most recent response was "it could be a day, a week, a month, 6 months or never". When BRP, Inc was contacted, their response was specific updates can only come from the local dealer.

Frankly the lack of communication is frustrating. It is a poor PR move to not have a system sending updates to those who have placed orders, paid deposits and are waiting for these vehicles about the anticipated dates or at least efforts being made. If it is a plant problem, let us know they are working on that part of the chain. If it is a port problem, let us know they are exploring alternate ports or ship sizes. If they are doing nothing, just let us know that they are aware we have paid their company good money and are sorry for the unforeseen wait times.

A single automated e-mail to all with deposits would suffice, and not make us feel like we are stalkers needing to check in every other week. I literally get better updates when I have a new dog leash or pair of sneakers on the way and delayed.

While some are posting that these posts are tiring, I actually feel them comforting to get confirmation that it is not just our dealer and am following to see when these start moving somewhere.

Meanwhile, maybe these can help them improve the system. Might we even believe someone at BRP or Can-Am monitors these boards? If so, please take this suggestion for better communications! Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got an update from the dealer yesterday on my 2022 Outlander XT - it’s there in a crate missing parts. Not sure how long it’s been there. Ordered September 4th. Here’s to hoping it’s not a long wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts