Can-Am ATV Forum banner
121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2020 850 XT Outlander
75 Posts
Not much planned for now, I already have the Beamtech for the front , I did not bought anything for the back yet, priorities is installing my GPS and I might get a windshield if they have it stock for the winter here. Other stuff I'll see as I go, this is my first ATV so I'll take it slowly. I already have every heating option available installed at the dealer along with passenger seat and the big rear box as this will be a trail machine until mud season!
I had to change the shocks on mine like 4 or 5 outing because I was bottoming out all the time. I am a big guy at 240lbs, so the quad did not have the ride height to clear the rocks on the trails in Nevada.

·
Registered
2020 850 XT Outlander
75 Posts
Elka Stage 3 shocks. If you ride like me you don’t want to hit the frame too much. I ended up at the same time installing the full belly skids. But where I live most of the trails do have rocks on them since I live in the mountains.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Over six months since I ordered, and still waiting ...

Spring has sprung, the grass has ris, I wonder where my Can Am is? Time to be riding...

I'm going to the dealer today to see what I can find out. They sell Can Am, Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Kimco, Arctic Cat, KTM, Gas Gas, Beta, and about 10 other brands I can't remember.

Reactions: Tozguy

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, um, solved that problem, sort of. They had this Sportsman 1000 Ultimate Trail Edition in stock, and I bought it instead of continuing to wait. The dealer had no idea when my ordered Can Am would be built or shipped. He had heard nothing from Can Am in six months. This will be my third Sportsman 1000, they're actually not a bad ATV.

I don't really know who's ATV this is going to be though. We traded in my wife's ten year old Can Am when we ordered her new one six months ago, so the new ATV was supposed to be hers. She can ride both the Sportsman 1000 and our Outlander 1000 when we go on our first ride. Then she can have whichever one she likes best, and I will ride the other one.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Car

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, um, solved that problem, sort of. They had this Sportsman 1000 Ultimate Trail Edition in stock, and I bought it instead of continuing to wait. The dealer had no idea when my ordered Can Am would be built or shipped. He had heard nothing from Can Am in six months. This will be my third Sportsman 1000, they're actually not a bad ATV.

I don't really know who's ATV this is going to be though. We traded in my wife's ten year old Can Am when we ordered her new one six months ago, so the new ATV was supposed to be hers. She can ride both the Sportsman 1000 and our Outlander 1000 when we go on our first ride. Then she can have whichever one she likes best, and I will ride the other one.

View attachment 106270
Sorry the can am didn’t work out for you, I think I would’ve tried another dealer. One that had one coming in. That’s what I did and it came in pretty much when they said it would, then just had to wait for the dash and ecu to come in. But happy you got something you like and hope you have good luck with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats! How long have you been waiting? I'm currently at 9 weeks for parts.
He actually called me back a couple of hours later and said it was ready yesterday I picked her up yesterday I had only been waiting maybe a week and a half I also called Can-Am when you call them they take down your dealers name and phone number and they log into the computer and I think that's why it happened so fast cuz I bugged him everyday

·
Registered
Can-am Outlander 570 XT and Can-am Maverick Trail 1000 DPS
17 Posts
Catching up on this thread, it sounds like things are generally moving in the right direction! Good to hear! I'm afraid I just got some bad news - my May 28 delivery promise for my Outlander 570 XT just got pushed out to Jun 30. 😔
I suppose I shouldn't complain too much as I've only been waiting since March. Clearly it could be a lot worse!
Of course, it seems a little more painful with the weather improving and the trails now open!
Dealer is in Orillia, Ontario.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts