Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am asking dealers in Ontario, Canada for quotes on a 2022 can-am outlander 850 Max XT and they are charging dealer prep ($350) and commodity surcharge ($325) over and above the typical MSRP, freight and registration. Is this typical?

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,242 Posts
Is this typical?
In "this" economy? Yeah

In a "normal" economy? No

If you just can't wait, you're gonna pay. Simple as that

Reactions: Vwluca

· Registered
105 Posts
I ended up paying MSRP with no freight or PDI fees so I am happy.

How hot does the rear compartment get?
What dealearship did you go to for that? i got quoted 17010 for a 2022 XTP 850 (Ontario) the 2021 is about 300 less if that from the looks of it.

i was supposed to get my 2021 850 a month ago. still no show so im giving it until end of this week before I ask for my deposit back and just order a 2022.

(dealership called me saying they were getting a 850 xtp in 1-2 weeks and that was in mid July so i should be able to get out of it if I wanted to at this point)

I got told it would be around January if I pre order a 2022

· Registered
3 Posts
"commodity surcharge ($325)"
I saw that on the CanAm website. No explanation on what it relates to. Which commodity? It sounds to me like the "fuel surcharge" airlines levied and kept after fuel prices decreased. Why not just raise MSRP by $325?

· Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,287 Posts
Gateway Power Sports in Peterborough.
I have had good luck with Gateway Power Sports. They just could not get me the 2021 Neo Yellow 1000r XMR. Ended up that HP Cycle did. 61/2 months wait, but it is in and I get it this week. I'm so happy because the 2022 XMR colors suck.

· Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a 2022 850 max xt here in alberta got told that the dealers have to pay to get a bike shipped to them because of the shortage/economy, I'm getting mine for 18000 taxes, freight everything in, and they say it will be here May. I called like 10 dealers and this was cheapest and fastest I can get it out here

· Registered
4 Posts
So I am asking dealers in Ontario, Canada for quotes on a 2022 can-am outlander 850 Max XT and they are charging dealer prep ($350) and commodity surcharge ($325) over and above the typical MSRP, freight and registration. Is this typical?
here in Pa, they are showing a $300 dealer prep, the difference is probably just a difference in currency exchange rates. I just looked over my pre order invoice on my 850 XT and though the web site showed a $300 dealer prep fee, my invoice just shows tax and registration fees. This may be a location specific issue and maybe reach out to other dealers in your area or people in your area who have recently purchased ATVs from local dealers to see if this is normal. I will bet it is a normal fee they all charge, might be able to get your dealer to drop that charge, but in today's market there is no incentive on their part, so you may just have to bite the bullet. just keep that in your memory banks the next time you or a friend makes a purchase, and the market is in a more favorable consumer friendly situation. Remind them of how they took advantage and make them pay when you have some power again. best of luck with your new Ride, I am still waiting to see just how long I will have to wait to actually get the bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.