Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all
I ordered a new commander xt-p and was wondering if anyone has added the factory can am cab heater? My dealership/ salesman said it can not be installed because it would interfere with the smart-lok system.
If the can am heater can't be installed, I would like some recommendations on aftermarket heater kits that work well with this machine.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,915 Posts
Welcome to the site

has added the factory can am cab heater? My dealership/ salesman said it can not be installed because it would interfere with the smart-lok system.
Thaaaaaaaaat does not compute...... did they give a reason why? The two, in my mind, aren't "in the same boat"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good morning all
I ordered a new commander xt-p and was wondering if anyone has added the factory can am cab heater? My dealership/ salesman said it can not be installed because it would interfere with the smart-lok system.
If the can am heater can't be installed, I would like some recommendations on aftermarket heater kits that work well with this machine.
I have a new XT-P Max on order and will be getting the cab heater installed. The dealer has already ordered the heater and will be installing it when everything comes in.

I have also attached a link to a YouTube video showing one in a unit.

Told the dealer to match this exact same setup but add a light bar on roof as well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the site

Thaaaaaaaaat does not compute...... did they give a reason why? The two, in my mind, aren't "in the same boat"
The diff lock module mounts under the dash where the heater mounts, so according to any BRP literature you can't have both.
But there are lots of spots under the dash that you can mount the module out of the way of the heater.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took delivery of my 2022 commander XMR in May with dealer installed can am heater, there is a smart lock module relocation kit your dealer should know about ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts