Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the can am site in the 570 section all the engines are listed as 570 v twin rotax. The xmr engines however are listed as detuned 650 motors. I have asked the dealer and they dont seem to know for sure. Does anyone know if the xmr motor has 650 bore and pistons and is just an ecu detune vs the other 570 quads?

thanks

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
Welcome to the site

I could be talking out of my ear, but the overseas road-legal 570's are detuned 650's, we know.

But the domestic 570 and 650 have always been different motors. Is that ^ perhaps what's feeding into the confusion?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site

I could be talking out of my ear, but the overseas road-legal 570's are detuned 650's, we know.

But the domestic 570 and 650 have always been different motors. Is that ^ perhaps what's feeding into the confusion?
I read about that after. This was on the Canadian brp website. Clearly states detuned 650 for the xmr and 570 Rotax for everything else. Just thought that was a strange difference in motor description.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
If that says what I think it says, a simple ECU reflash to the 650 program would be a no-brainer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That puts some impressive value in the 570xmr since the 650 is over 2k more money and doesn't have the 850 features. If what I'm seeing is correct then the decision between an xmr570 and the mr570 just became simple. another dealer cant confirm but said that they must use a detuned 650 for it because of the intelligent throttle control thats only found on the 570 xmr

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After several phone calls to BRP themselves i have confirmed that the 2022 570 XMR has a 650 engine in it and is simply detuned to 48 hp in the ecu. all other components are the exact same as the 650 xmr. all other 570 models including the MR are the 570 motor.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
I predict an uptick in the 570XMR ECM reflash market, lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's strange. 2 days ago it wasn't a 650 listed. It also shows on the Canadian website that the MR has visko4lok. So I think it might be a website glitch
It may be ,not sure. On the US website it does does not show the MR to have 4Lok but it does show it to have the 650 engine. If that ends up being the case then a simple ECU Flash will net you a 650 for a few thousand less than an actual 650.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It may be ,not sure. On the US website it does does not show the MR to have 4Lok but it does show it to have the 650 engine. If that ends up being the case then a simple ECU Flash will net you a 650 for a few thousand less than an actual 650.
Yeah that part is crazy. 2300 more for a 650 and the only difference is the exhaust and the tune. Already have mine lined up for tuning when it arrives sometime in 2037 lol

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
I'll be curious to see how they're actually achieving the de-tune..... afaik, there's still no adjustable timing, on these things, so that pretty well narrows it down to fueling. I can't see them using smaller injectors in the 570 vs. the 650, maybe they will, inexplicably, who knows.....

Exhaust is the same..... MAF/T sensor is the same......fuel pump is the same...... anything I'm overlooking? I mean, that'd be crazy easy to restore the 570 back to the 650 power levels

Reactions: Synthetic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully someone gets one soon and digs into it a little more to see exactly what the differences are. Mine will be going to monster fuel injection when I get it. But that will be many months from now.
hey did you ever get your 570XMR? if so have you sent it to monster and can they make it into a 650? I’m wondering about doing this but I’m not sure I’d you get the power of a 650

·
Registered
7 Posts
My new XMR 570 lists the engine as a 650cc... would be great to get the 650 features out of it for sure. Dealership is putting on the plow and heated seat now, should be here next week. (1' of snow predicted tomorrow though)

Font Event Number Paper product Brand

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My new XMR 570 lists the engine as a 650cc... would be great to get the 650 features out of it for sure. Dealership is putting on the plow and heated seat now, should be here next week. (1' of snow predicted tomorrow though)

View attachment 106150
Well drop your ecu off at monster fuel injection so we can all finally know if it can be done lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts