Can-Am ATV Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
I'll be curious to see how they're actually achieving the de-tune..... afaik, there's still no adjustable timing, on these things, so that pretty well narrows it down to fueling. I can't see them using smaller injectors in the 570 vs. the 650, maybe they will, inexplicably, who knows.....

Exhaust is the same..... MAF/T sensor is the same......fuel pump is the same...... anything I'm overlooking? I mean, that'd be crazy easy to restore the 570 back to the 650 power levels
I ment to reply to this when you wrote it but forgor. They can change the timing in the ecu. Im sure that is mostly where the power decrease is at.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BombardierBomb

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maptun power sports overseas seems to be the only place so far to get a programmer/tune specifically designed for the xmr de-tuned 650. I have been in contact with them and they said it will work no problem for the north American model. A little pricey at roughly 900 usd. But I think I will go for it. Dynotune hinted at testing a 650 tune on the 570 when I contacted them about it.. Don't know if it would work or not though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Maptun power sports overseas seems to be the only place so far to get a programmer/tune specifically designed for the xmr de-tuned 650. I have been in contact with them and they said it will work no problem for the north American model. A little pricey at roughly 900 usd. But I think I will go for it. Dynotune hinted at testing a 650 tune on the 570 when I contacted them about it.. Don't know if it would work or not though
That's good to hear that it seems possible. I'll wait until monster fuel injection has a tune ready.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My ECU is currently with andy brown (monster fuel injection) We have cross referenced available part numbers and nothing seems to be different about the 650 motor and the detuned 570. He's currently working on the programming and should be done in a few days. He has stated that the programming is a little tricky on this one but should be no problem to get the 650 power out of it. I have a dyno sheet showing about 32hp and 44 lb.ft of torque on the motor completely stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My ECU is currently with andy brown (monster fuel injection) We have cross referenced available part numbers and nothing seems to be different about the 650 motor and the detuned 570. He's currently working on the programming and should be done in a few days. He has stated that the programming is a little tricky on this one but should be no problem to get the 650 power out of it. I have a dyno sheet showing about 32hp and 44 lb.ft of torque on the motor completely stock.
Any more news?

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
Stock the quad made 32hp 44tq. After tuning it made 42 and 53.
I mean, that's significant, ^ right there, as far as "bang for your buck" goes, imo. ~Few hundred bucks for 10hp/10tq?

Not to poo-poo exhaust and clutching, but that's a much more hefty chunk of change, for their results. You can be a couple grand into those two, for the additional 10. It all adds up, sure, just trying to layout a useful road map....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts