Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first trip out with the XMR @ 15 miles into our 35 mile trip, someone pointed out that my tires were splitting. No way this could happen, right? The machine is brand new! I was on this trip to go slow and properly break in the belt properly.

I got off my machine and looked at the tires.. here is what I found...
Automotive tire Tire Tread Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

I called my Cam Am dealer and they immediately started a BRP ticket for warranty. A few pictures and a week later, BRP is replacing all 4 of my tires under warranty. BRP had a few questions, but rather quickly made the call to warranty the tires. Nothing but good service from the dealer and BRP is standing behind their product (even though ITP is the issue here).

Anyone else have this issue? The dealer said they have never seen this before.

-Adept

·
Registered
2021 Outlander Max 450 DPS
1,165 Posts
Nice to read about people with integrity. Thanks for sharing.
I've never seen a tire split like that. My ITP Mudlite XTR have taken a beating for over a year now and have stood up well.

·
Registered
2019 570 outlander. 2018 570 outlander.
283 Posts
There have been a bunch of these tires falling apart and people getting all new tires. I'd assume BRP is well aware of this which is likely why they gave you very little trouble.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,231 Posts
I have the same problem on 2021 XMR on two tires. Out of warranty and the best warranty don't cover tires. Hopefully people see and have same problem, they can get in before 6 month warranty is up.

·
Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,231 Posts
Just want to up date people, ITP is well a ware of these tires failing. You are best to go directly to ITP site. File a warranty claim on ITP site. They will like pictures of your tires as well. The customer relations person I talk on the phone to was very polite and helpful. So if you own a 2021 XMR like me with only 350 miles with ITP Cryptid on them. You might get them replaced. Worth trying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts