Can-Am ATV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
So the motor has been around and has been proven but is this the first time the PDrive has been used on that motor or is it used on the Ski-Doo side as well?
Maybe not quite proven as it just came out in the commander last year but haven't seen any issues yet.The p drive has been in ski doos and as long as you keep em maintained they last. They have been in the x3s since last year and in the 700 commander.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
2,202 Posts
I have an engineer friend that works with BRP Can-Am in Quebec HQ and I'm being told that the internal name of the platform is "WOLF" whereas the marketing name is Outlander/Pro.

Reactions: CanAmRancher1

· Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 450 DPS
20 Posts
So the motor has been around and has been proven but is this the first time the PDrive has been used on that motor or is it used on the Ski-Doo side as well?
Not 100% sure but I think some of the side by sides have a similar unit, and a similar clutch has been used in the skidoos for years.

EDIT: didn't see the other post before posting this, my bad haha.

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,446 Posts
I have an engineer friend that works with BRP Can-Am in Quebec HQ and I'm being told that the internal name of the platform is "WOLF" whereas the marketing name is Outlander/Pro.
Hold up, doesn't @p_hauschild already have an Outlander Pro?

· Super Moderator
2,202 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

· Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
8,446 Posts
🤦‍♂️

· Registered
2021 Outlander 1000r XMR Neo Yellow/Black
1,299 Posts
I have own lots of single ATVs all Suzuki. 500 up to 750. It's the main reason I switch to the Twin of Can-Am. I like to see these new Can-Am motors with some miles on them and put them in -30 degrees C. I have seen first hand what cold freezing temperatures can do to these single thumpers old and brand new. They have lots of compression and when it gets very cold, they did not like it. Time will tell and we will see first hand on this site.

· Registered
305 Posts
I have own lots of single ATVs all Suzuki. 500 up to 750. It's the main reason I switch to the Twin of Can-Am. I like to see these new Can-Am motors with some miles on them and put them in -30 degrees C. I have seen first hand what cold freezing temperatures can do to these single thumpers old and brand new. They have lots of compression and when it gets very cold, they did not like it. Time will tell and we will see first hand on this site.
Agreed. The singles are hard to start on -16F morning, I know that...lol I doubt they will abandon the big twins. They are too popular. If anything, I think they will sell more because people will be pushed into them since the 570/650 is not available. Not sure how the 700 Xmr will do. I would think the twins would be better for that but then again, flipping through YouTube, I see more Hondas at the mudholes than Can-Ams.

· Super Moderator
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
So, will we soon be seeing all new 850/1000 chassis?
I'm gonna guess when August rolls around yep we will see the 850/1000 in a version of this new chassis.

Reactions: Doodown87

· Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 450 DPS
20 Posts
I'm gonna guess when August rolls around yep we will see the 850/1000 in a version of this new chassis.

I think this as well. The new 500/700 model is listed in the catalogs as the "G3L," so this seems to be the G3 chassis now. I'd imagine looks will be similar, but we'll probably see a different rear-end design (like the G2L vs the G2) and a couple of other touch-ups.

Speaking of G3, this photo is on the accessory site and looks different than the machines released the other day. Perhaps this is the new G3 (850/1000R?)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
305 Posts
Speaking of G3, this photo is on the accessory site and looks different than the machines released the other day. Perhaps this is the new G3 (850/1000R?)
Good catch. No center taillight, two outside taillights. I also noticed on the front plastics under the headlights there looks to be a spot for "hockey" stick LED decorative lights ala the SxS. Maybe the 850 will incorporate that.

· Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
542 Posts
Reactions: BombardierBomb

· Registered
2017 Can-Am Outlander 570 Pro
542 Posts
I am waiting for the European prices to drop. To see if it will compete with CF moto and other brands prices, like the Outlander L 500 when it came out. It started at 9 000USD and it got to 11 000 USD over the time

· Super Moderator
2,202 Posts
I wanted to ask @CanAmRancher1 and the others whether the p-drive and this "new transmission" they're talking about will eliminate the can-am hump. Do you have any (insider) info on this?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts