Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else is running the hmf full exhaust on there 2021 outlander 1000? Does yours backfire at all? Mine does. I'm running a rvs performance tune. He tried 3 different tunes tweaking it but still backfires when I blip the throttle at curtain times. It's annoying. But boy don't that wheeler sound good and it's fast!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm annoyed by the backfiring. I flashed the wheeler with the tune file for the hmf full exhaust from dynojet and it still pops. I'll be cruising along and I'll hit the throttle hard and left off and bang!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
774 Posts
I'm annoyed by the backfiring. I flashed the wheeler with the tune file for the hmf full exhaust from dynojet and it still pops. I'll be cruising along and I'll hit the throttle hard and left off and bang!
Wow.. Bet that makes them squirrels run! Three different tunes and still doing the same. Can you take it to someone with an ATV dino? Maybe find someone with BUDS program to help diagnose the fuel mix and come up with a custom tune? About a $1,000 for the setup but I am working on getting the software and connector kit so I can use a laptop on my machine and maybe other BRP machines in my area for a small fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately nothing up my way. And I'm not really computer literate lol.
i have a 21 outlander 850xt and i put the yoshi slip on silencer and pv3 tune on it and it does same crap u talking about . i have been in contact with dyno jet and they have sent me 5 diff tunes not including the 2 that came on pv3 and we canot resolve the pop i took my spark arrestor out and put the stock exhaust and stock airfilter djt on it and seems to do it less . but vary frustrating . the quad absolutely rips but seems as they should be able to lean out that area mine is 0 to 1/2 throttle blips and u get one loud pop not evey time .if i figuar out how to make it goaway i will post again

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
when I installed the HMF exhaust and tuned it to HMF slip on & stock air filter, backfired a lot re-flashed it to the same tune didn't backfire again coincidence who knows

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Is your exhaust muffler the the performance series

·
Registered
2019 Outlander Max xt
80 Posts
Should read it a bit better this is a 3 month old post

Reactions: Freewill

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is the yoshi slip on can am says it’s only pipe won’t void my warranty so I grabed it up and I pulled spark arrester last night seems to pop Less but wow it’s loud

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
For one they cannot void warranty unless they can prove 100% that the mode was the failure of the machine... Getting off the shelf tunes from companies like dynojet is just a shot in the dark as they are not 100% fine tuned for your setup. You need to grab a tune of a place like motorsport addicts that dyno tests and fine tunes the tune on the same setup you are running

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s what I have been hearing thank u for your reply’s I think I’m going to get full pipe and a high flow air filter and then get a dyno tune like u suggested thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts