Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious how many in here have a defender on order. If you could post when you got it ordered, and it will be interesting to see when they start showing up.

I got a lone star cab model ordered April 19 and being told August deliver, possibly earlier if a guy is really optimistic. I cannot wait for it to come in, as it stands right now I have a bunch of upgrades sitting in the shop waiting to be installed.

Reactions: Freewill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just curious how many in here have a defender on order. If you could post when you got it ordered, and it will be interesting to see when they start showing up.

I got a lone star cab model ordered April 19 and being told August deliver, possibly earlier if a guy is really optimistic. I cannot wait for it to come in, as it stands right now I have a bunch of upgrades sitting in the shop waiting to be installed.
Ordered lonestar max cab in March, It came in last week! going to pick it up Friday

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered lonestar max cab in March, It came in last week! going to pick it up Friday
Holy cow that's awesome, you're gonna have to post a million pictures. What timeframe were you told when you ordered it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Holy cow that's awesome, you're gonna have to post a million pictures. What timeframe were you told when you ordered it?
I got lucky when I called dealership, he had two allotted for them and I put the down payment on it. Originally like 6 weeks out , I called two weeks ago and he said everything was delayed a month, but mine came in a week after he told me that

·
Registered
30 Posts

I ordered 2022 Defender in Sept 21. It showed up to the dealer yesterday. Picking up on Friday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I put down a deposit in January for a Defender Max Limited. Dealer got the allotment on February 15, 2022 to order it. I checked with him last Friday and he said his system is showing a late May delivery. We shall see.........

·
Registered
30 Posts
Deposit down on a Defender XT in Nov. Was just told by the dealer they got the VIN. Also told about the price increase. :( Exact ETA not know but should be soon.
I put down a deposit in January for a Defender Max Limited. Dealer got the allotment on February 15, 2022 to order it. I checked with him last Friday and he said his system is showing a late May delivery. We shall see.........
[/Q

·
Registered
64 Posts
The clock starts when the dealer gets his allotment and can actually order the unit. Your dealer may have taken your deposit but may not have had an allotment to order your buggy until sometime in November. Hard telling, but that is my understanding of how it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Ordered Defender XMR feb 23. Received notice today it shipped. No stupid dealer mark ups. $22900 plus tax. Dealer gave 15% off all accessories and installs them for FREE. This is why I’m willing drive 400 miles to pick up. Diesel is expensive but I’m still saving many hundreds of $.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It would appear that "ordering" and "ordering a specific unit" are being mixed together.

I have been searching the ordering posts like everyone else. I have seen a LOT of $500 deposits put down. My dealer wanted $1,500, which I had no problem with because I wanted the unit. I had seen a post that was explaining that if a dealer ordered a unit for a customer, it had to be titled within 10 days or the dealer would be charged $1,500 and that these units took precedence over NORMAL (show room) orders for the dealer. I have no idea if this is true, but if it is, most people are placing $500 deposits on units already ordered for the dealer and are not considered "urgent" sales.

If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate any clarification.

U

1 - 19 of 19 Posts