Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an exhaust for the 250EX build. Local shop has a bunch of dumb asses saying that HMF does not offer a full system. Trying to get me to buy the FMF Powercore4 slip-on. Is this pipe any good? They can have it tomorrow $215. Was wanting the HMF full system, but they say they cannot find it. I know I can order it off of ebay $289. I know the best pipe for the bike is the Pro Circuit full system, but I don't want to pay $500. The bike is for my girlfriend's son. He thinks it's just getting new rings and a tune-up.lol Anyone have any suggestions?

Marc

·
The Enforcer
10,145 Posts
start surfing and see how available the HMF system is . then tell them (the shop) where all it can be found and ask them if they want y ou to buy it and bring it in to the shop for them if THATS the exhaust you really want

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You heard of any slip-ons that make decent increase in power? I just do not want to put a pipe on it that doesn't give the Wiseco kit all it can.

·
The Enforcer
10,145 Posts
frankly all slip ons will give the same increases doesnt matter if its a full system or not. its still a pipe going to a muffler that has an aprox 2in hole down the center of it.

even for the outtys the ron woods full pipe gives the same increase as the hmf or lte slipons. you can get more out of the ron woods IF you add the rest of his stuff that comes with the FULL SYSTEM which includes an intake etc. but other than that a can is a can is a can

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You think the HMF Performaance Series Full System will out perform the FMF Powercore4 slip-on by much(with the Wiseco .40 over). Got the cylinder back today. Just gonna polish the cylinder head a bit and rebuild it tomorrow. Gotta find a exhaust system for it. Doesn't have to be this weekend, but at least early next week. The boy has an All Stars tourney this weekend.

·
The Enforcer
10,145 Posts
no I think it doesnt matter what slipon you use they are all pretty much the exact same just different sales pitches all offering "UP TO" whatever HP gains they wanna say they all say UP TO which is CYA speak for when you try to sue them for not getting those gains lol

a single can... whether with pipes or not will all get the same gains as any other single can.

but if you have a preference as to what you want on it than thats what ya should go for

1 - 6 of 6 Posts