Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going from the stock act am I going to notice any power loss with the slightly larger heavier tire.Was going to run them on the stock rims.will I lose any top speed?I am getting the new 14 next week and have had the bearclaws in my garage for a while.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What size machine are you getting? Regardless they aren't real big or real heavy so any losses in power or top end will be minimal.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Going from the stock act am I going to notice any power loss with the slightly larger heavier tire.Was going to run them on the stock rims.will I lose any top speed?I am getting the new 14 next week and have had the bearclaws in my garage for a while.
If you hit top speed on a regular basis and worried about losing a couple of miles per hour, this may not be your sport.

I have 26 inch HTRs on M15 Crushers, it handled 50-55 mph smoothly, no wobbles, no vibration. I am pretty sure I would hit the speed limiter so it is really a non issue. I did not it took a little more throttle to slide around corners at speed compared to the ACTs. They do have much more bite, because the moment I backed off the throttle, they grabbed immediately where as the ACTs would take a moment.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
The 650 will more than handle the 26" HTR.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I missed the machine size in the thread title, posted late last night haha. I had a 650 and it ripped 28" Zillas no problem, they likely weigh close to the same as the 26" HTR. I did add a clutch kit, which made a notable difference, but ran without one for a few hundred KM's no problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 650 will more than handle the 26" HTR.
Good to know thanks I sold my 11 800xt and am replacing it with a 650.It's $900 cheaper and 90% of my riding is hunting at 8-10 kph.I do some high speed running in the summer while out camping. I'm going to get them balanced though so no Wobble at speed.I probably Will miss the power sliding.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am sure that I could do 70 mph or more without vibration or wobble. I peaked the other day at 65 mph but ran mostly between 50-55 mph. Adding throttle at 50 mph and having the power to make it slide is nice. It is still very easy to make it slide at 30 mph.

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
You going to notice a difference in ride quality with the 14s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
The ACT's on my new 800 where 26's, I'd imagine it's the same on the 650. Just replaced mine with mud lites 2 inches wider both front and back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts