Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just picked up a 2013 Renegade 1000 XXC and the previous owner put 27 inch Big Horns on it and the tire pressure is at 7 psi. Too low? What is the correct PSI?

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
That is about perfect for me. I run 6 sometimes and 8 other times. I've heard of people running 12-15+ but I never would go that high.

If they were Outlaw 2's or soemthing you could almost go with no air, lol.

Some go even lower like less than 5. Side of tire should recommend though? Depends what you are gonna do too, technical rock riding yea, go real low. high speeds trails, different story, lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
what about high speed trails psi I have 26" bighorns on 14"rims with a max 800 and ride two up 80%of the time and would like to know where to be at with psi I run like 6.5 but seems slow in a drag race against friends with similar machines. I would like to run more psi but seems like it really pushes in corners then

·
Registered
118 Posts
Within a certain margin it's personal preference and then adding in terrain you ride. Radial or bias ply tire also makes a difference. I'll be as low as 3-4 in some rocks (too low and u can pop a bead). Typically for comb of all I run 5 rear and 6 maybe 7 in front. I'm from the east so we have no dunes. Again personal preference, plus terrain, plus tire type and then I'll air up or down on the trail. Was that helpful haha??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Within a certain margin it's personal preference and then adding in terrain you ride. Radial or bias ply tire also makes a difference. I'll be as low as 3-4 in some rocks (too low and u can pop a bead). Typically for comb of all I run 5 rear and 6 maybe 7 in front. I'm from the east so we have no dunes. Again personal preference, plus terrain, plus tire type and then I'll air up or down on the trail. Was that helpful haha??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with the lower pressure in the rocks low pressure works better in the sand also. As far as trail I like 6pounds . :thumbsmilie:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts