Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 outlander 650 XT and I Need new tires, I am looking to gain some ground clearance. Debating between maxxis zilla and AMS slingshot. Leaning toward the zilla, but they only come in 27x10 and 27x12 or 28x9 and 28x11. I Don’t want to add spacers, but am open to trimming footwell plastics.

Will the 28’s rub A arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I only have 2” spacers on the springs. The wheels are itp with a 4+2 offset.

I had previously trimmed my floor boards so that helps

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So no one has put 28’s on factory rims? I want to make sure they will fit with no other mods before I drop like $700 for tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So no one has put 28’s on factory rims? I want to make sure they will fit with no other mods before I drop like $700 for tires.

Pretty sure Zilla's run small, closer to 27" so you will be fine. Search 28 Zilla's on the forum and you will find a ton of posts. I was going to get 28" Zilla's for my stock 2014 Outty 1000 but my local shop didn't have them. I got 28" Mega Mayhem's instead and they are actually 27". A lot of ATV tires run smaller than they are marked. If they rub you can always install wheel spacers. They are pretty inexpensive plus they widen your stance.

HD

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You should shop around more for tires. Over 700 sounds real steep. My 30x9x14 tires were just over $500 with free shipping

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you get them from?

The issue with wheel spacers is that where I ride there are gates to keep side by sides out and such that I already have an inch and a half on either side of my machine to get through.

I was thinking ams slingshots, itp mega mayhems or maxxis zillas. Was looking for a tire that will fit without any mods.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would 27x10-14 front and 27x14-14 rear tires fit or would spacers be needed?

·
Registered
2018 Can Am Outlander 570XT
25 Posts
Have you looked at Traxion tires? Canadian company and available in that size. Not quite as aggressive tread wise as the Zilla but far better than factory. I have 27's on 12" rim, 570 no issues. They measure a true 27". Less than $600 CAD at my door.
IMG-3214.JPG

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would 27x10-14 front and 27x12-14 fit with minor front foot well trimming?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts