Howdy Fellas!

So I had an itchen to spend a few bucks and this is what i decided on:

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
28x9x14 fronts and 28x11x14 rears

Super excited to try them out and give you guys a review on them. I should be home in 2 Weeks to give them a try.

Reasons for choosing these tires: Looks and DOT Approved.

I travel the US for work and love taking the Outty with me to either cruise around town, go fishing or even hit the trails! Anything beats being stuck in the hotel room! So when i get home and mount these bad boys i'll be sure to get back with first impressions and keep ya'll updated on the performance of the EFX MotoGrip Tires!

Feel free to ask questions and/or share your experience with EFX and MSA!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a set of the same but 26" at the tire shop. Same wheels too. Looking forward to trying them out also!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomorrow is the day! Wheels tires exhaust and tuner all being installed by tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hang with me guys! First review for me so it might not be the most comprehensive.

First impressions review: Wow! These tires look to aggressive to be DOT radial tires!

Install: back 2 were perfect but the front was a different story. They shipped them mounted and balanced but they mounted them as 2 left sides! Once that was fixed, all went smooth.

First ride: filled to 18 psi (shipped at 18psi) they rode extremely smooth! I dropped the psi down to 8 now and I couldn't tell much of a difference. They roll very well and I can't feel a single lug gap.

Soon to come: highlifter mud nationals test! Mud, dirt, gravel, water and pure adrenaline!

As you can tell I also have the muzzy slip-on with digitune and the brp snorkel. If you would like info, videos or pictures just say so!

I will also be having a small wrap put on to help advertise for a local Can Am dealer that just opened up so stay tuned for updates, pictures and videos!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the same setup except in a 26", I will say I'm less than satisfied. They are a stiff tire and I'm running under 5psi to make them softer, and the down side of that is the casing is very inefficient at such a low psi. Both the wife's 1000xt max and my maverick max xrs, both with 2.0 bighorns, roll MUCH easier in my shop. I've swapped machine to machine, whatever has the motogrips is harder to roll. I still manage +90mph with my 1133, but I hate missing hp. I'm drilling out the stud holes to 12mm and taking them to Kelowna where my teryx resides, cranked up psi for a utv will be fine. I'll be doing holeshots or another set of 2.0 on my outy. These were also the heaviest combo I found to run, close to 175lbs rolling mass compared to 154lbs bighorn/itp 14" combo I had before, or the 135lbs of a 2.0 bh/12" combo the wife has. I love the way they look and they worked well for the trail conditions, but the drag in the casing is a no go for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes they are a stuff tire for sure but that probably has something to do with the DOT certification they get. It's an 8 ply so you can expect some stiffness. I've always heard bighorns are a great tire but wear terrible on hard pack. I ride a lot of pavement with mine since i can get 25-29 mpg with the outty vs 13-15 with the silverado around town.

Tested them out in mud today as well! For being an radial A/T I thought they did alright. Far from a true mud tire but was impressed. They do not have the lugs needed to help get out of a high centered point though. Had to try out the wench today ;)

As the miles stack up I'm hoping to keep you guys up to date on wear, drivability, and my personal experience with these tires.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey don't get me wrong I do think they're a great tire, but trying to get them to perform like other tires I've owned I think is the problem. They need more psi IMO, and considering the pavement pounding you're doing they would be pretty sweet for that. I'll set them up for my teryx, which is no mud and 16-18psi steady with lots of hard pack roads, they'll be ideal imo, and look awesome doing it too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. Only thing I used from the stocker was a bolt and spacer I believe. I have a short video if you'd like to watch it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Muzzy

Yes would love to see the vid! I have nothing between the muzzy mid pipe and stocker header pipe! Didn't think it would fit since it was a very tight fit alone

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is a video for the slip on and tuner both in that feed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Video

New to the forum! How do u get vids to play I can only hear them. Also so u used spacer from the stocker mid pipe for the muzzy mid pipe? The lil wire mesh composite looking thing?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's the YouTube link. I'll run and grab my stock exhaust and get some pictures

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't recall any mesh piece in the mid pipe. Only one I know of is the spark arrester in the tip of the muzzy slip on.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts