Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about a break in....a little backstory. I've been riding my entire life. Currently, I own four other quads including 2 sport quads, 2 ute's one being a Brute Force 750i.

So I pick up my new Outlander XT 1000 Saturday, then Sunday four buddies and I load up our machines and hit one of my spots (don’t ask…promised to keep area secret). Left around 9am, hit some little trails, then make a water crossing to the main trail that leads up into the mountains. I roll up the trail first since I was the only one who’s been up it. Of course, no problem. Then my buddy Evan riding my sons Suzuki Ozark 250 stands it up on end tossing him to his back. No injuries, all is well. That machine no longer starts, so we strap it to an Arctic Cat 850 and winch them both up the trail to where we can pull start the Ozark….all is well again. A few more twists and turns we hit the mountain roads. About 45 miles into the trip, the Arctic Cat lost it’s lower control arm which we were lucky enough to be able to fix on the trail. By the time we got back down the trail, crossed the creek we were over 50 miles. Before loading up, I hit some trails at my girlfriend’s sister’s place and am pretty sure I am now close to 60 miles on my first trip on the 2nd day of owning the machine. I love it. The power and the handling are great. Although I SEVERELY miss the fender pockets that the Brute Force has. Those are invaluable. Can’t wait to really get this broken in.

Is there an actual owners manual or is that the disc that comes with it? I need to know the maintenance intervals and such.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
My Can Am came with an Owners Manual, did you look under the seat?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Glad you like it! I just bought my very first ATV earlier this year, Outty 800XT, love it! Your 4 wheeler should've came with a paper manual, you'll find maintenance stuff in there. If not, you can view or download the manual on-line.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dealer should of went over everything with you... Manual is secured on the seat underneath of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts