Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t decide between a can am 570 or a CF moto 800…

The CF moto is a big HOG but a lot of value. But resale won't be as good as Can Am. So money aside....

Will the 570 feel more nimble and fun than a bigger and heavier bike?

I heard the shocks are wimpy tho…

I might have passenger 1x a week. Will this be an issue for the 570. The 650 I rented was not affected at all with a passenger on the back. Will the 570 be as stable?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Outlander Max XT 650
1,904 Posts
Thread title should of been 570 Can Am vs 800 CF Moto
Fixed it for you.
Regarding the question, I have a 2016 650 Max and having ridden a 2017 CF Moto 550, I would say there was no comparison. I'd pay more to get the can-am.

Yes the 800 will have more power than the 570, but in terms of overall experience, the 570 will trump that 800. If you will have passengers regularly, we recommend you buy the Can-Am Max model which has a dedicated passenger seat with the longer wheelbase.

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
7,278 Posts
Yeah, in all sincerity, and taking off the Can-Am fanboy glasses, don't bother with the CFmoto. Lack of dealer support, lack of aftermarket support, lack of longevity, yeesh, just spend a few minutes giggle searching CFmoto issues, their value and usefulness end the second you load it on your trailer.

Can-Am still lets us down from time to time, but this isn't even a hard choice to make, for me.

·
Registered
Green 2006 outlander 400 XT, yellow 06 outlander 400 max XT
349 Posts
I did a demo ride on an 800 cfmoto Friday. Ergonomics felt similar to the 2013 outlander 650 I owned last year along with overall size feel. For that ride for what we could do with them the power felt similar. Couple things I didn’t like on the cf was the hand brake was on the right side of the handle bar and it seemed to really free wheel going down hills where the outlander engine brakes to slow down. Also lot of heat from both sides and felt like it got the seat hot. It was upper 80’s and very humid Friday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts