Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to forum hopin for some
Can-Am education
2018 570 outlander had maintenance required code which came up right after hitting 50 hrs so I assumed it was oil change reminder and reset by switching hi beam to lowbeam 3 times, well it reset the maintenance required code that was showing but
Unit has slow throttle response and won't even reach 30 mph I have changed my fuel, cleaned air filter, removed cvt drain plug and saw some hay seeds from riding in high grass but very small amount
Does anyone have any idea why I'm not running right it's a huge loss of power

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,068 Posts
Welcome to the site, Glen. You're familiar with the "reduced power/full power" keys, yes?

Happen to have the low power key in? Or is this something that just kinda started showing up?

Can you tell if it's a power generation issue/engine? Or a power delivery issue/belt-clutches?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site, Glen. You're familiar with the "reduced power/full power" keys, yes?

Happen to have the low power key in? Or is this something that just kinda started showing up?

Can you tell if it's a power generation issue/engine? Or a power delivery issue/belt-clutches?
No sir I have no idea about reduced/full power keys
I took side cover off where belts are and it is totally clean; now I have no idea how it's supposed to look in there but it is clean and I don't see anything obvious

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is something that jus started showin up ,I'm using the same key as always if we're talkin about the ignition key

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If we're talking about the ignition key I'm using the same one as always
This is something that just popped up
I had reset the maintenance required code that I assumed I was getting because of reaching the 50 hour mark and needing a oil change and a few days later I washed it and was gonna dry it by driving down the road and I noticed power was considerably weaker and the unit didn't wanna go any faster than 28-30 so I didn't push it

·
Registered
154 Posts
If we're talking about the ignition key I'm using the same one as always
This is something that just popped up
I had reset the maintenance required code that I assumed I was getting because of reaching the 50 hour mark and needing a oil change and a few days later I washed it and was gonna dry it by driving down the road and I noticed power was considerably weaker and the unit didn't wanna go any faster than 28-30 so I didn't push it
You might just have some water that needs to dry out. Water and electronics don't mix. I only wash mine when it gets muddy, which is rare. Rather I blow it with the shop vac, and if I do wash it, I blow it dry with the same shop vac.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fuel pump ??
What's your fuel pressure ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fuel pump ??
What's your fuel pressure ?
Thanks guys I appreciate your time!
I'm not sure about fuel pressure , I have no idea of how to check it
I was curious though is it possible for the unit to do a self diagnostic to check for other codes?

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,068 Posts
There is a procedure for pulling any active codes, just search the site here for the specifics.

Fuel pressure should be ~51 psi, most auto part stores will rent you the kit. You'll have to destroy the clamp holding the fuel line onto the pump nipple, then T in the kit right there. It'd be easier if you had a fitting that mimics the fuel injector one, but I'm not aware of anything like that yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can-Am education
2018 570 outlander had maintenance required code which came up right after hitting 50 hrs so I assumed it was oil change reminder and reset by switching hi beam to lowbeam 3 times, well it reset the maintenance required code that was showing but
Unit has slow throttle response and won't even reach 30 mph I have changed my fuel, cleaned air filter, removed cvt drain plug and saw some hay seeds from riding in high grass but very small amount
The throttle lever has a stop screw that limits the throw of the lever. You might want to check that. I had a Suzuki Eiger 400 where the stop screw came loose and almost kept me from climbing a steep incline. Took me hours of diagnosing and the problem turned out to be the simplest fix.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The throttle lever has a stop screw that limits the throw of the lever. You might want to check that. I had a Suzuki Eiger 400 where the stop screw came loose and almost kept me from climbing a steep incline. Took me hours of diagnosing and the problem turned out to be the simplest fix.
Can-Am education
I would definitely check it next. One of my plugs needed badly replaced at around 500 miles.
image.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got a chance to check out those two plugs they have both been in since I got the unit new,

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,068 Posts
Dang.... that one on the right looks like it wasn't even firing. Left one looks better, but still doesn't appear it's getting real hot.... does the bike spend a lot of time just kinda putting around? Or do you open it up every now and then?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang.... that one on the right looks like it wasn't even firing. Left one looks better, but still doesn't appear it's getting real hot.... does the bike spend a lot of time just kinda putting around? Or do you open it up every now and then?
Mostly puttin around I guess I rarely really open it up; I just got back from gettn new plugs so aftr it cools off outside I'll be replacing em wish me luck I'm really hoping this is the issue I had just started advertising it for sale online

·
Registered
621 Posts
Worst thing for plugs.. short trips not letting the machine get up to running temps. Especially in cold temps.. I fouled out a brand new machine driving from the shed to the trailer not giving it a chance to warm up

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Worst thing for plugs.. short trips not letting the machine get up to running temps. Especially in cold temps.. I fouled out a brand new machine driving from the shed to the trailer not giving it a chance to warm up

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Heck I had no idea just easin around was so hard on plugs but great info!
Thanks for the replies
New plugs made all the difference in the world, I let it warm up 5-10 minutes then drove around awhile ; just out of curiosity what is top speed on 2018 outlander 570? I searched web and it said 60mph was about it but heck I got it up to 73 mph and it was still climbing
But thanks again!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts