Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a 2 up quad and was wondering what the real world differences were between these two (other than the engine size). I realize the 850 has more power, but what is the mileage penalty like? I'm not a mudder, just a trail/general use kind of guy. The XT-P is interesting, but is the ride that much better? Are there any anticipated changes to the 2022 model year?

·
Nobody Special
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
1,136 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a 2 up quad and was wondering what the real world differences were between these two (other than the engine size). I realize the 850 has more power, but what is the mileage penalty like? I'm not a mudder, just a trail/general use kind of guy. The XT-P is interesting, but is the ride that much better? Are there any anticipated changes to the 2022 model year?
I just picked up a 650 XT a couple days ago and now have 163 miles on it. Nice smooth riding bike. Fuel usage is half of what my 1000 uses. It keeps up with my 1000 and even passes it on the straight aways on roads due to the 65mph limit on my 1000 XMR. After riding the 650, I really don't see any need for anything larger than the 650 if just enjoying trails and no extreme riding. My 1000 XMR works great for pulling heavy trailers and Wood Meizer band saws down trails in the mountains.

·
Banned
6,161 Posts
I just picked up a 650 XT a couple days ago and now have 163 miles on it. Nice smooth riding bike. Fuel usage is half of what my 1000 uses. It keeps up with my 1000 and even passes it on the straight aways on roads due to the 65mph limit on my 1000 XMR. After riding the 650, I really don't see any need for anything larger than the 650 if just enjoying trails and no extreme riding. My 1000 XMR works great for pulling heavy trailers and Wood Meizer band saws down trails in the mountains.
Comparing an xmr to a xt isn't a true representative result in fuel mileage. Xmr is a pig.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What Awful said... I had a 650 I liked it but the power was not there like expected... My 850 is more in line with what I was expecting. 650 got terrible fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 850 XTP and it is so worth the adjustable Fox shocks the ride is smooth for the trails my better half really enjoys riding 2-up.

I say go for it if you can find one :).

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,360 Posts
Damn aliens and their crop circles.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
The things besides the shock the xtp have are nice but probably not necessary. I ordered and xt but the dealer had an xtp available first so I took that. I don’t regret it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts