Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went into the local Can-Am dealer to order the 650 outlander 6 x 6. I was told of a September delivery. I was also told if I ordered a 1000 delivery would be much sooner, possibly end of April early May.

I am tempted to order the 1000, but cautioned by all the people who have built heat shields for their 1000 on this group. Particularly problematic is heat leaving the machine on the right side and causing discomfort for peoples’ leg. Has can-am gotten the heat under control on the 1000 or is that still a going concern? Thank you

Pictured is my 450 6 x 6, and heat has never been an issue.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Sky Cloud Snow Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,092 Posts
I went into the local Can-Am dealer to order the 650 outlander 6 x 6. I was told of a September delivery. I was also told if I ordered a 1000 delivery would be much sooner, possibly end of April early May.

I am tempted to order the 1000, but caution by all the people who have built heat shields for their 1000 on this group. Particularly problematic is heat leaving the machine on the right side and causing discomfort for peoples’ leg. Has can-am gotten the heat under control on the 1000 or is that still a going concern? Thank you

Pictured is my 450 6 x 6, and heat has never been an issue.

View attachment 106662 View attachment 106663 View attachment 106664
The heat issue is not bad after 2019. I can tell you right now if I could get a 1000 6x6, I would be slapping a down payment on is as soon as I could get it out of my pocket. That 1000 is a beast and a 6x6 is just much more of a beast!

·
Registered
2018 Outlander 6x6
213 Posts
I've been very happy with my 650. I haven't felt underpowered or wished that I went with the 1000. I ran into a guy out hunting with a new 1000 max and he was happy with his too. He did mention that he questioned going up from his old 650 to 1000 because it does run hotter and burns a little more fuel. I guess it could come down to your riding style. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been very happy with my 650. I haven't felt underpowered or wished that I went with the 1000. I ran into a guy out hunting with a new 1000 max and he was happy with his too. He did mention that he questioned going up from his old 650 to 1000 because it does run hotter and burns a little more fuel. I guess it could come down to your riding style. Good luck!
Thanks. I have no doubt I would be perfectly happy with the 650. Weirdly my decision comes down to whether I want the machine at the beginning of the Alaska summer or the end. I’m coming from a 450.

·
Admin
2020 Outlander XMR 1000r Max
2,092 Posts
Thanks. I have no doubt I would be perfectly happy with the 650. Weirdly my decision comes down to whether I want the machine at the beginning of the Alaska summer or the end. I’m coming from a 450.
Where in Alaska? I am between North Pole and Fairbanks. Would like to find a couple friends to ride with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just talking to a guy from True North Church Fairbanks this morning. I live in Big Lake, we have offices in Wasilla and Houston. Would love to get together to ride. I have two buddies with the 650 in Willow. I learned I wanted a 6X6 when I flew in to Collinsville for a week for a hunt, and the guy had old 500cc Polaris 6X6's and that was just awesome; he is the one who said to be sure to get the Can-Am, that's his plane as it was the only way in and out. Bought the 450 the week I returned as it was the only six-wheeler in stock at the two Team CC dealer. Well, I am going to Team CC in Wasilla to order the 6X6 at 11a. Drop me a text: Cell 907.315.9345
Plant Vehicle Cloud Sky Aircraft

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just talking to a guy from True North Church Fairbanks this morning. I live in Big Lake, we have offices in Wasilla and Houston. Would love to get together to ride. I have two buddies with the 650 in Willow. I learned I wanted a 6X6 when I flew in to Collinsville for a week for a hunt, and the guy had old 500cc Polaris 6X6's and that was just awesome; he is the one who said to be sure to get the Can-Am, that's his plane as it was the only way in and out. Bought the 450 the week I returned as it was the only six-wheeler in stock at the two Team CC dealer. Well, I am going to Team CC in Wasilla to order the 6X6 at 11a. Drop me a text: Cell 907.315.9345
View attachment 106665
Just a heads up on possible timing issues. I put money down at Team CC August 2021 for an October delivery of a 1000 6x6. They weren’t able to order the unit until December 2021. They said that they only had so many “order allotments” for each engine size. I was number 3 to put money down for a 1000 and they only had 2 spots from August to December. Soooo, December 2021 they were able to place my order. I was just contacted on March 8th to say my unit had shipped and should arrive in about 2 weeks. Now, 3+ weeks later, I’m still waiting….. this is nothing against Team CC, just a heads up that it may take a while to get your order… Crazy times we’re living in… Good luck to everyone placing orders!

·
Registered
Boss 800 6x6
33 Posts
We put $$ down for a max in the fall and have no clue when in might show up here. :rolleyes: We ordered with the 1000 for use with pods. We have a 800cc now which marginally has the HP for snow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Initially it was placed with Team CC maybe March or April, but then I ran in to an available allocated 1,000cc at another dealer, jumped on it in June, and their sales e-mailed to say in July they expect a delivery in August. Team CC was great about allowing me to jump to another dealer on an available 6X6 as Team CC wasn't even able to order mine yet. Team CC's delivery would likely of been much later this year. Maybe. When I first placed the order they said I was 12th in line for a 650 or 3rd in line for a 1,000. I ordered the 1,000. I have started kicking around the possibility of picking up my Team CC order as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts