Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1121 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the add...Just bought a 2017 camo XT 650 to go along with our 2015 Commander 1000. Dealer had it used with only 101 hrs on it so I stole it on a impulse buy lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 green canam outlander xt 650 here. Was doing some maintenance such as changing fuel filter and plugs and such. Was wondering if someone could send me some pictures of the body panels for the sides and top down view of the speedo black plastic etc. I'm having a terrible time getting everything to mate back up when I put it back together. I forgot to take pictures when I was taking apart arg....

·
Registered
2 Posts
got her all cleaned up and ready for this summer.. well almost.. i have a couple more things up my sleeve..

forgot to add that I removed all of the warning decals, and added a winch cable stopper while cleaning her up a little

:D
Where did you get the winch cable stopper at?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe a bit premature, but I’m looking to buy an Outlander 650 Max XT in the next month or so. Been lurking, reading, and digesting as much as I can her. I really appreciate all of the info you all post here—good and bad. I currently don’t own an ATV at all, but do ride my neighbor’s Polaris 500 when I can. Nothing inherently wrong with it, but like the Can Ams much better. Hopefully will be out riding my own this spring.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Maybe a bit premature, but I’m looking to buy an Outlander 650 Max XT in the next month or so. Been lurking, reading, and digesting as much as I can her. I really appreciate all of the info you all post here—good and bad. I currently don’t own an ATV at all, but do ride my neighbor’s Polaris 500 when I can. Nothing inherently wrong with it, but like the Can Ams much better. Hopefully will be out riding my own this spring.
nothing wrong with trying out different ATVs. Sometimes it comes down to looks, or feel, or even the simple factor of a price tag lol. I was looking at Polaris' before i purchased mine. The boss and i sat on a few, and the final straw was when i sat on a 500, and i looked at her and said "this feels small" and she replied with "you make it look small" lol.. I'm not a small feller, but that was the last straw. Especially when i started adding up the cost of all of the standard features on a XT, and the price it would add on to the Polaris 500, it wasn't that far off, and i got a bigger motor :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
nothing wrong with trying out different ATVs. Sometimes it comes down to looks, or feel, or even the simple factor of a price tag lol. I was looking at Polaris' before i purchased mine. The boss and i sat on a few, and the final straw was when i sat on a 500, and i looked at her and said "this feels small" and she replied with "you make it look small" lol.. I'm not a small feller, but that was the last straw. Especially when i started adding up the cost of all of the standard features on a XT, and the price it would add on to the Polaris 500, it wasn't that far off, and i got a bigger motor :D
Thanks for the advice. I had found the same thing as far as access for the Polaris to make it similar to the XT. My neighbor owns 3 Polarises (Polarisi?), and he even likes the Can Am much better and has told me that if he could afford the loss on any of his 3 Sportsmans, he’d do it tomorrow. He says he’s never had any problems with any of them, and keeps up on maintenance. Driving the two, I like the Can Am ride better (though suspension is a little soft), and find the CA much more comfortable. I also like the more aggressive looks of the Outlander, and have a hard time getting over the bug eyed look of the Polaris third headlight. I was also looking at a 570 Max XT, and while it would probably be just fine, finding aftermarket accessories isn’t the easiest. BRP offers plenty of factory accessories, but their prices can be pretty steep. Though I’ve found a few factory accessories I like, prices are much better at Partzilla,though the dealer says I can buy factory accessories from them at “just over cost.” I‘d carefully compare the dealer “just over cost” prices to Partzilla before agreeing to anything, though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I had found the same thing as far as access for the Polaris to make it similar to the XT. My neighbor owns 3 Polarises (Polarisi?), and he even likes the Can Am much better and has told me that if he could afford the loss on any of his 3 Sportsmans, he’d do it tomorrow. He says he’s never had any problems with any of them, and keeps up on maintenance. Driving the two, I like the Can Am ride better (though suspension is a little soft), and find the CA much more comfortable. I also like the more aggressive looks of the Outlander, and have a hard time getting over the bug eyed look of the Polaris third headlight. I was also looking at a 570 Max XT, and while it would probably be just fine, finding aftermarket accessories isn’t the easiest. BRP offers plenty of factory accessories, but their prices can be pretty steep. Though I’ve found a few factory accessories I like, prices are much better at Partzilla,though the dealer says I can buy factory accessories from them at “just over cost.” I‘d carefully compare the dealer “just over cost” prices to Partzilla before agreeing to anything, though.
Agreed always double check prices. My dealership offers a 10% off and free shipping for life on accessories and parts. They give out a new code every year. I haven't had to use them often, but whenever i email or call, i get someone responding to me within 20-30 minutes max. Finding good after the sale dealership(s) are a must!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Posted in the 800 section as well, but bought a 2007 650XT at the same time. Hope to meet some fellow Can-am enthusiasts on the Northside of Denver CO. I mostly wheel my Land Cruisers, but look forward to taking the ATVs out as well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked up a 2020 650 outlander max xt, haven’t got to put many kms on it but so far I love it.
I'm looking to buy the 2020 650 xmr. How do u like yours so far and is there anything I should know or worry about. Thanks for ur advise

·
Registered
42 Posts
"Polarisi?"

LOL

1101 - 1120 of 1121 Posts