Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1164 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my first Cam Am, 2020 650 Max XT! Love it!

anybody know how I can mount a simplebar/metaltube via the linq system? I need to mount a few things that require asteel tube mounting point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just use U bolts instead
Hi thanks for the reply.
Im not sure a u bolt will achieve what I need. I’m trying to mount a gas strut powered shooting rest in front of the handle bars.

however I’ve got a linq base there with the can am metal basket/cage. The tubes on the cage are welded to an alu wall so you can’t get the mount around the cage nor could I get a u bolt around it either.

hope that makes sense?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply.
Im not sure a u bolt will achieve what I need. I’m trying to mount a gas strut powered shooting rest in front of the handle bars.

however I’ve got a linq base there with the can am metal basket/cage. The tubes on the cage are welded to an alu wall so you can’t get the mount around the cage nor could I get a u bolt around it either.

hope that makes sense?
. Do you have a photo of the base of your shooting rest?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’d slmo

Wondering if you could weld that base plate onto a larger sheet of flat steel, then simply bolt the larger piece down to the rack through the existing holes?
Thanks good idea!

i might try and cut a slot beneath the tube on rack tomorrow to get the bottom plate through to bolt it on.

i just wondered if there was a linq mount that would let me mount a steel bar across front?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks good idea!

i might try and cut a slot beneath the tube on rack tomorrow to get the bottom plate through to bolt it on.

i just wondered if there was a linq mount that would let me mount a steel bar across front?
I don’t believe there is. I suggested the larger plate so that you could drill holes wherever you need to to mount through the existing holes, and not have to make any cuts, welds, new holes on your new machine. I installed a 20” light bar on mine, with only cutting one wire on my bike—I cut the 12v + wire to the accessory outlet and spliced onto it for a switch to power the backlight on the switch, and also to trigger a relay for the light bar. Only other “damage” I had to do was to cut a hole to mount the switch. I also don’t like making major changes to the stock setup at this point, so I get where you’re coming from!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don’t believe there is. I suggested the larger plate so that you could drill holes wherever you need to to mount through the existing holes, and not have to make any cuts, welds, new holes on your new machine. I installed a 20” light bar on mine, with only cutting one wire on my bike—I cut the 12v + wire to the accessory outlet and spliced onto it for a switch to power the backlight on the switch, and also to trigger a relay for the light bar. Only other “damage” I had to do was to cut a hole to mount the switch. I also don’t like making major changes to the stock setup at this point, so I get where you’re coming from!
Yeah the plate idea has potential! Thanks I’ll give it some thought! Appreciate your help!

1121 - 1140 of 1164 Posts