Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy I ride with has a '08 Rincon that will start sputtering and lose's 95% power,sit for a few minutes and it runs fine.

Its been at the Honda shop on and off for 3 of the last 6 weeks.They have encountered the sputtering thing a couple of times while there,but cant find whats causing it.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
An 08 is an EFI, might check the battery conections . Loose battery terminals create voltage drops, that really tend to jack up the ECMs. Sounds sort of similar to what happens to Can-ams or ACs when the battery terminals are loose.

Back in 05 I had that happen to my first Outlander, the dealer changed several parts tryu to fix it and in the end 3 months later the battery termial came loose enough to kill the bike and that was how we finally found the problem. Its worth checking. Same thing happend when I first got my Tcat. Except I knew then that the first thing to check on an EFI was the battery terminals, sure enough that was the problem on AC as well.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes it is the obvious,will tell him to check the battery cables.
ty

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a gas filter that Honda just came up with to fix a similar problem,is what the mechanic said.

It was flat and the size of a silver dollar,soft,cloth feel to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts