Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, new here.
I have a 07 Outlander xt 500. Riding light. no crazy shit.

Doing a complete fluid change.

I have 80w140 mobil1 synthetic. will this be okay for front and rear diffs plus the gearbox.

And engine oil i have 0w40 but is 'diesel' oil. Will this work?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Operator's Guides by Model Year | Can-Am Off-Road US
you can find the owners manual here with the specs.
In mine, 2014 650, I am running 75-90 in the front, 75-140 in the rear and gear box (both weights are valvoline synpower) and 5w40 in the engine (rotella t6 synthetic).
I trust those products I use in my machine.
If you question what you are using then I'd stick to what the manual says,

Reactions: uncjeeper

·
Registered
117 Posts
You will be fine I've run 80w 140 and have always used a diesel oil for my quads in the past.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey, new here.
I have a 07 Outlander xt 500. Riding light. no crazy shit.

Doing a complete fluid change.

I have 80w140 mobil1 synthetic. will this be okay for front and rear diffs plus the gearbox.

And engine oil i have 0w40 but is 'diesel' oil. Will this work?
How much cheaper is this stuff then going with the can am brand oils?? For the oil change kit and both gear oils was 130 at my dealer. I went with the can am brand this time. But i dont want to have to drop 130 bucks every time i do my oils if i dont have to.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Watch the stores for sales and buy when price is good.
Rotella t6 goes on sale a couple times a year and I picked up some royal purple for diffs and gearbox.
My average cost for complete oils change is around $40.00 Can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
80w/140 is a hypoid mineral based oil. It's designed for warmer climates your 75w/140 is a synthetic blend most times. Running s mineral based is ok in the warmer months. However follow what can am want. I highly recommend royal purples synthetic gear oils. There good products. That or bel Ray makes a good product too. Don't by the cheapest but you certainly don't have to buy the xps oils either. 40 bucks for one quart is a little ridiculous considering its not as good as other stuff on the mArket that's been tested and proven for half the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts