Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lets wake this forum up a bit. Still running the ol 09 Summit (rare for me to keep a sled more than 2 seasons....I must like this one!).

Just to bring y'all up to speed: 2009 Summit X 163 800, big bored to 885 in 09, Sled Head racing in MN re-did the motor last year with some custom porting. I added custom ground primary ramps from Dynamo Joe, secondary free-floated by the Doo Doctor, DJ components within, ceramic coated Dynoport pipe and Y-pipe, MBRP can, Engine Tech thermostat, 11" handlebar risers, custom venting, SLP cold air intake, opened lower airbox....

New this past few weeks: 174x2.5x16 track, Avid 3" pitch drivers, Timbersled drops, VanAmberg tunnel extension, and Avid rails. Changed out head for a 14:1 custom made Engine Tech head.

·
Registered
201 Posts
nice sled. that outta rip pretty good. You can some serious boondocking with that set up.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Man that powder riding must be awesome! I would love to try that someday, seen lots of vids, that takes skills! Nice sled!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks gang!

25th: gotta have tall risers....when mountian riding the seat is just for when you're parked...hehehe.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Dave do you think the new 800 E-tec is worth the extra coin they want over the regular 800?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Dave do you think the new 800 E-tec is worth the extra coin they want over the regular 800?
i know you wernt asking me but if its as nice as the 600etec it will be worth every penny IMO:smilietwocents:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't ridden one....but all the reports I heard from guys who took 'em for a spin last year were good. If I was to get a new one....it would be the e-tech. (I actually read on Dootalk this AM that the BRP engineers confirmed that the factory injectors and fuel system could handle a big bore easily...hehehe)

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
That would be a nice feature. They are a couple k more than the regular 800's to start though aren't they? Maybe that's why?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems to me they dyno'd some real big numbers last year on the e-tech....so for a couple k more, you probably get almost as much HP as my big bore, with warrantee!

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
That would be SWEET! I look at buying a sled and it doesn't snow, so all my sled friends tell me to stop looking, heh heh heh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts