Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gunny I'm lookin at a set of tracks but what's top speed? Can u use high range? Love your videos nice riding country where u live!

Reactions: GunnyE9

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunny I'm lookin at a set of tracks but what's top speed? Can u use high range? Love your videos nice riding country where u live!

Top speed with tracks ... depends really, on the snow conditions. On hard pack I've hit 42 mph before I decided that was fast enough. And in really deep powder, anywhere from 9mph to maybe 20 mph is common.

If you watch my speedo in some of the video, I do hit 20mph in that sorta soft stuff going uphill, so that kinda surprised me, but the 1000 really pulls compared to the 800 I had.

One thing to remember with tracks, the drive sprocket is much smaller than the tires you run in the summer, so when you're going really fast with the tracks on (or anytime actually) your rpms are gonna be WAY up there. I run between 5500 to 7200 all day & sometimes even higher.

Glad you enjoyed the video & Thanks for watch'in too !! :th_smiliewavey:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've watched almost every video since I've seen u on r&r! Is that forum even around anymore? I couldn't find it a week ago. So I take it u use high then at 42mph if the rpms are much higher? I want to ride local trails when sleds are out there tight wooded trails and I'm not trying to keep up with sleds down a straight just not be a mile behind. I also wanted to run them in the spring and fall when it's straight mud and stock tires for the summer.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Can't get enough of the senery that you ride in! Love it!...we got some surprise snow last night. Going to go play in it this afternoon!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Glad your having a great snow year, Gunny. Our snow season is over here unless we get a lot of snow fast. But I don't think that's gonna happen gonna be in the 60's next week.:th_smiliefrustrated Got spoiled the last 3-4 years. Great vid by the way.:th_smiliethumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've watched almost every video since I've seen u on r&r! Is that forum even around anymore? I couldn't find it a week ago.
yup, R&R is still around. However, the web page has changed, so you might have to do a search to find them now.

And THANKS for watch'in all my vids too !! :th_smiliewavey:

So I take it u use high then at 42mph if the rpms are much higher? I want to ride local trails when sleds are out there tight wooded trails and I'm not trying to keep up with sleds down a straight just not be a mile behind.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that didn't I ?? Yes, I run in high range almost all the time. :aniwheeler6: ... and a couple times I've hit 7750 rpms going fast like that ... :smilieyikes: ... so I don't do it for long periods of time, Savvy !?!?

Yeah, if you ride with sleds, they are gonna leave you like a bad habit !! But if you ride like I do, slow & easy (OK, sometimes) weaving thru the trees, you're gonna love'em !! :yahoo:

I also wanted to run them in the spring and fall when it's straight mud and stock tires for the summer.
I did that once .... :th_smiliepissed:

Can't get enough of the senery that you ride in! Love it!...we got some surprise snow last night. Going to go play in it this afternoon!
Thank You for the kind words Spawn. I'm glad you enjoy watch'in my video's. :th_smiliethumbsup:

If ya got fresh snow, ya gotta play in it, right !! :th_smiliedance:

And Thanks for watch'in this video My Friend !! :notworthy:

Glad your having a great snow year, Gunny. Our snow season is over here unless we get a lot of snow fast. But I don't think that's gonna happen gonna be in the 60's next week.:th_smiliefrustrated Got spoiled the last 3-4 years. Great vid by the way.:th_smiliethumbsup:
Brian, we're really NOT having a good snow year, HOWEVER, we have enough up high & it's been cool enough up there for most of it to stick around. I will say, the snow conditions have been awesome this year ... again, up high !! :th_smiliebanana2:

We too are suppose to be getting some warmer temps later this week, but another storm is suppose to come late next week, so we'll see. :th_smiliepray:

The last two years I've been done tracking by the 12th & 13th of March, so hopefully I can get in a few more ride this season & beat those dates !! ... :yahoo:

I assume you enjoyed the video & Thanks for watch'in !! :notworthy:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gunz another great video brother. Semper Fi! Where do you mount you camera. I mounted mine on the very top of my helmet until a tree limb took it off.:th_smiliefrustrated

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice video again Gunny.
You part of the world is very similar to mine when it comes to terrain and the woods.
Keep filming Gunny!

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gunz another great video brother. Semper Fi! Where do you mount you camera. I mounted mine on the very top of my helmet until a tree limb took it off.:th_smiliefrustrated
Why Thank You LuceCannon Guy !! Glad you enjoyed the video ... and Semper Fi !! :th_smiliethumbsup:

I mount my camera on the side of my helmet (see attached photo) ... I use a GoPro stick on mount & camera mount & then an adapter I found to attach my Drift camera to. :yahoo:

And Thanks for watch'in the video too !! :notworthy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice video again Gunny.
You part of the world is very similar to mine when it comes to terrain and the woods.
Keep filming Gunny!

Thanks John_A Guy !! Glad you enjoyed the video !! :th_smiliewavey:

That's cool that both of us ride in the same type of terrain but are half a world apart !! :aniwheeler6: .... But I'll bet your temps are a lot cooler than what they are where I live, right ?? :th_smilienoclue:

Again, glad you enjoyed the video and Thanks for watch'in it !! :notworthy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think temp is very much lower here, I'm in the south east part of Norway.
Lowest temp this winter is -4 Fahrenheit, morning temp this week: 18 to 32 F, it has been a easy winter so far.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
At least you have enough snow to keep trackin. Lucky Dog!

Here's what the worst ski hill here looks like today! You can see why our tracks were off last month.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think temp is very much lower here, I'm in the south east part of Norway.
Lowest temp this winter is -4 Fahrenheit, morning temp this week: 18 to 32 F, it has been a easy winter so far.

Our temps have been all over the place this winter. And it's been the warmest winter on record here this year. :sad:
Last week it was kinda of like winter, with cool temps (in the 30's F) & some snow. This coming week, it's going to be in the low 60's F ... DAMN IT !!! :th_smiliefrustrated

Here's some info for ya to compare ... the Lat / Lon of where I live is ...
N 41.14
W -112.05

And where I ride ... approx, it's a big area mind you ... and this is of a Forest Service Campground close to where I ride ...
N 41.47
W -111.50

At least you have enough snow to keep trackin. Lucky Dog!

Here's what the worst ski hill here looks like today! You can see why our tracks were off last month.

Yea I do Dr_Z .... for now anyway ... :th_smiliepray:

Oh man Dr ... that looks BAD !! :eek:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here in Upstate NY we didn't have any snow to speak of till the last week of January. Then BAM! we got hammered all February with snow and bitter cold temps. Several days below zero and some at -18F to -23F without windchill. It's starting to go back the other way as it has been above freezing two days this week, and is suppossed to climb into the 40's next week. We still have about 3 feet on the ground so I'm going to make the most of it. I went to a buddy's camp yesterday for a ride and ended up pulling a broke-down snowmobile back out to the road at the end of the day (1 AM).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here in Upstate NY we didn't have any snow to speak of till the last week of January. Then BAM! we got hammered all February with snow and bitter cold temps. Several days below zero and some at -18F to -23F without windchill. It's starting to go back the other way as it has been above freezing two days this week, and is suppossed to climb into the 40's next week. We still have about 3 feet on the ground so I'm going to make the most of it. I went to a buddy's camp yesterday for a ride and ended up pulling a broke-down snowmobile back out to the road at the end of the day (1 AM).

Yup, you guys seem to have gotten hammered all at once & then dang nippy. Hopefully there won't be any flooding. :th_smiliepray:

Her, a little snow in the mountains & rain in the valleys. February was the warmest winter ever here this year. It's gonna be a rough summer for sure & if we don't get really dumped on here next season, snow wise mind you, it's gonna be ugly. :sad11:

I've pulled a sled or two back to the trucks, it can be a workout for the bike that's for sure.

And speaking of bikes, I like the color of your !! :th_smiliethumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed the video Stubby & Thanks for watch'in too !! :notworthy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts