Can-Am ATV Forum banner

A truly Canadian lift kit

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Sassenach 
#1 ·
Ok. So I know I'm going to get sum WTF and you should not be doing that but it works better then you think. I know that you can buy lift kits for cheap on eBay but I'm the kind of guy that likes to make things if I can. this lift gave me 1 3/4" (44.45mm) of lift. I used Vulcanized rubber, to put it more Canadian hockey pucks. the time I took to make the lift and put it on was around 3 hours. I used 4 pucks a 2 1/2" ( 64mm) hole saw and a 1 3/4"(44.45mm) hole saw. First I used the 2 1/2" then the 1 3/4 to cut the centre out. after that I pulled the shocks took it a part slid it over. put the shock back together and back on the bike. look I used the pucks because they got some give but not a lot. this will help if I hit a bad bump. I took the bike out for a good shack down and found it was a bit smoother then before. the measurements are off the back off the frame. this was done with stuff I had kicking around. if you had to buy the pucks it would be $7 Canadian.
Machine Machine tool Milling Auto part Tool accessory
Vehicle
Auto part

thanks for taking a look and good and bad feedback is welcome.

See less See more
#5 ·
No problems with that at all.

I've seen typical Sch40 PVC pipe used in the same fashion.

Ride on!

#6 ·
Good idea with the pucks. I ended up using some Cam Lock fittings on mine that I just cut down to length. I've got hockey pucks stacked up to get the correct bump stop length on my Jeep. Use what you've got.

Reactions: Freewill
#9 ·
Thats ok for a stop gap measure but all it does is increase your spring preload. I used cam locks machined to the same length for a while then upgraded my shocks with the Fox upgrade package from BRP. Wish I has just sprung for the Elkas and been done with it.

Reactions: Born2atv
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.