Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy a Buck. I've been looking for a while and found one that isn't the price of a new one! Hope it isn't in too bad of shape. It is a good drive from me to get it. I'm hoping it is half as good as the seller claims! But it does need some work. IE Axle shaft the speedo and lights are inop and a torn seat. But runs good 4x4 and trans work good and good plastics.

·
Registered
2015 Outlander XMR 650
3,811 Posts
Welcome to the site

Not much noise out of those old things around here, but there's still a handful of good guys on here that know a thing or two about 'em, can help ya keep it up n all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup it is pretty quiet on here but I did bite the bullet and drove to far and paid too much but bought one of these "rare" machines. Not as the sell described but it does run and it was really cold out so I gave the machine a bit of grace and knowing I'd probably never find one for this price again I bit the bullet. I will start a new thread on some of the issues I need help with but I will include them here. The speedometer and head and taillights don't work. I saw the thread about this, but all the other lights in the cluster stay illuminated all the time. Same issue??? Needs taillight lenses. and the rear brakes are not working (may have been frozen) but he claimed the hand brake has never worked the year he owned it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suggest you try to contact Ducvet on this forum. He helped me a lot a while back. Don't know if he still monitors the site but if you PM him he may get notified by email that someone is trying to get in touch with him.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I will do my best but remember I have never run my traxter as I bought it broken and the engine is still waiting for parts. I am busy with fixing motorcycles right now so have not been on the site for a bit so as ponyroper mentioned if you need a question answered by me post on a thread I am in and I should get a email notification.

Short of that direct email is [email protected],com BUT I prefer you keep all messages and questions on the forum so if we figure something out it may help someone else later on.

There are traxters and bucks parted so if obsolete you may find a tail light there (ebay) or simply use a universal one from another atv,bike or car. Simple wiring mounting would be the tough point.

The traxter uses Brembo brakes so I assume the buck does too. These are likely available and not crazy money .

step 1 = whats wrong?
siezed pistons.
plugged master cylinder return port
stuck linkage

Test by isolating the master from the pistons and see if it frees up, if not look at the caliper. If yes then look at the master cylinder and linkages.

If you need parts snap a picture of what you have and I can see if I can match it to mine and then see what I have access to. IIRC when I checked for mine last fall it was all available and not crazy prices. Brembo stopped selling rebuild parts kits a decade ago but there may be some aftermarket support for seal kits. On motorcycles it has not been worth the trouble as the seal kits cost close enough to the price of a replacement unit and often the bore is damaged meaning you have new seals in a worn bore.

If we find the parts ARE available you would be fine taking it apart and trying to clean things up , worst case scenario there is you need a replacement unit. Best case you "un-stick it" and need nothing other than some time, brake fluid and elbow grease. Again make sure replacements are available before you risk making something fixable, unfixable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts