Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After long wait finally got the 800 xmr to the dealer, i take delivery of the bike nxt friday. Im going to do the 10 hour brake in and service the same weekend because on the 20th of this month im going to mudfest for trucks gone wild spring brake. Ive concluded that im going to brake it in by driving it like i would normally ride my suzuki vinson, i just wont be slinging it in the mud till after the 10 hours. Should i buy a cheap belt and put that on for the 10 hours then switch back to stock belt and brake it in accordingly and keep the cheap one as a spare???? My bikes tend to get ridden a lil hard at mudfest so i dont wantt o run into a belt issue on its first real ride.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Takes 30 miles to break in belt or you will smoke it...doesn't matter the brand...by the way good choice on xmr

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats y i was planning to buy a cheap belt and use that while im braking in the motor. I want to run it between hard and easy to ensure the rings r seated properly then switch back to the xmr belt and do the 30 mile brake in. Im just a little weary about taking it easy on the fresh motor because i just had to rip apart my girlfriends motor on her honda that i rebuilt 2 months ago. I didnt seat the rings properly and ended up glazing the cylinder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
you'll be fine on the the stock belt. After my 10hr service I put mine in every hole and rode WFO in high and low and had zero issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lox, I have 10 hrs and 50 miles on mine and just swapped to a Gates C12 belt on Saturday. I'll be going to Mud Nats with essentially 0 miles on the new belt but wanted to go ahead and make the swap while I already had my CVT cover and plastics off. Figured I can just keep the stock belt as a spare if I need it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea dealer quoted me 145 for a belt for the maverik 1000 turbo. They said itll fit. Is that a good deal n would that be beneficial to have?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill see if i cant find it cheaper online otherwise ill buy it from my dealer. Im not worried abouy anything else on this bike just the belt. First belt driven bike so we will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts