Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate how they squeak and how hard they are to grease. I did some leg work on google. There was a company making them out of aluminum with remote grease lines but stopped production due to low sales. There is another guy doing them for G1 only. Is there anyone else I missed?
This would be a great mod IMO.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I agree.... had the stem out once on my Renegade, what a PITA. Who was the company making them? OMI used to make stem bushings, have one in my grizzly 700, they could probably make something up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The company was 3 letters but not OMI. I found a forum thread on google from 2 years ago that they made a batch but they were slow movers so they didn't Pursue it. It was $75 for a pair. Cheap if you ask me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looked it up, i see what you were talking about. Theres a guy that still makes em for the G1 machines but not G2. OMI makes their bushings out of a delrin type material, so it wont wear the stem, and grease-able. Tempting to contact OMI and see if they could get some made up. Im sure with a group buy theyd be interested. On one of the old forums i used to frequent, we had a few group buys on their stem bushings, well over 100 sold between the buys and they were happy. Good discount too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ATR all terrain research

1 - 5 of 5 Posts