Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know people have tons of issuers with the air suspension, personally i like it and love the on board compressor, and has been good to me, but now i have an air fault/check engine light on. does anyone have tips on where i should start to try and service the air system and hopefully stop it from throwing this code? it seems like the compressor is running mre than usual, hard to tell tho haven't road it for 3-4 months can't remember if it ran that much

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same issue got schrader valves from kartech.com plugged the lines for the front shocks then air up to 65# to front and still use onboard air for rear

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same issue got schrader valves from kartech.com plugged the lines for the front shocks then air up to 65# to front and still use onboard air for rear
You plugged the fronts with a schrader valves and completely separated them from the acs? So when you want higher lift you use an air hose to fill them? How is that working out? Could you do the same for the rear? How long does the air pressure last in them? Very interested could you be specific about what you did to achieve this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I plugged the lines after disconnecting them at shocks & they leaked air around the swivel on lines. So then I disconnected lines at compressor & capped them. then I got two bolts to screw into compressor using Teflon on them. pay attention to how much tread comes out of compressor from lines and screw bolts in the same amount. I went ahead and got 4 Schrader valves in case I have a problem with the rear. I just run 65# in them and tried it & worked good for me, I done this before last ride of the fall last year went on that ride and check the air before we just went on ride 2 weeks ago & they were still set on 65#. So unless you have a leak it hold the air pressure. Just pump a little air & check so as to not blow out shocks. Hope this helps:aniwheeler6:

·
Registered
24 Posts
So theoretically the air compressor will still be fully operational, but how do you keep it from turning on once it's capped... Or does it come on, and then shut off once the inside is up to psi? Also with the schreader valves do you have the ability to fill the schocks right off of the onboard compressor?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have my lines plugged with 1/8" JIC fittings. They do not leak. The compressor still cycles every few seconds and eventually it will fault out.

Only known solution is reprogram the ECU for $500 from mrrpm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size of schrader valves do you have running onto the shock if you don't mine me asking thinking about doing this to mine thanks in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just a thought but why wouldn't you be able to bypass computer system completely?. have the compressor hooked up to all shocks like it is but have the compressor wired to battery and a toggle switch. the just flip the switch if want more air? possibly put inline pressure gauges so know whats in the shock, and still release air manually?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts