Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK It's A 2012 outty 1000 STD. the stock filter is A PAPER FILTER Material you DO NOT WANT TO OIL the foam PRE-FILTER because it would destroy the paper part of the filter BUT I just bought the UNI and its one piece so when that gets dirty use a cleaner many times soap up massage and rinse from the inside out with a hose with NO nozzle on end of hose just put hose in filter and turn on hose slowly then let it completely dry . now this style you WANT TO OIL THE COMPLETE FOAM FILTER INSIDE & OUT ? correct ?
how much would you benefit by having UNI make a cylinder type PRE-CHARGER to pull/slide over the uni-filter ( This one does not come apart it's one piece. THANK YOU in advance for any help clearing this up AND MORE if this is indeed THE CORRECT WAY TO SERVICE AIR FILTER..?

·
Registered
425 Posts
sorry but I didnt really understand 100%

If you want my opinion on how I oil the stock filter here it goes:
Take the foam off the filter, spray the oil on lightly and evenly while watching not to reach the inside. Let it rest for 10mins, install back on paper filter.
Just following the instructions on the can...

Repeat the process when dirty or in an interval based on your manual, while this time you soak in soap, let it try and proceed as above.
I do this once or twice in a span of 1.5years (this depends where you ride how dirty and sandy it gets) and then buy a new stock filter

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey michalip, I know this has nothing to do with this post but I notice you have a dbo Dalton clutch kit in ur bike. do you like it and notice a difference ?? I just installed one on my 13 650 outlander and I don't notice a difference at all??

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey michalip, I know this has nothing to do with this post but I notice you have a dbo Dalton clutch kit in ur bike. do you like it and notice a difference ?? I just installed one on my 13 650 outlander and I don't notice a difference at all??
slight change to no change in normal conditions
but then again I went from 25" to 26" tires, that's also a small change.
Why did I do it? I didnt want my machine to lose boost, its hard to explain but I rode on a very steep hill without the kit and smelled my belt. Put the kit back on and never smelled it again.

Change would be more noticeable if I put on 28-29", not that I ever will...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts