Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Can-Am Renegade 800R, and I want to use the Ron Woods cam's and value's in my motor but the bad thing is the latest model ron produces is the 2010 renegade? are all the motors the same or did it change when it went to the G2?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Can't tell you for sure sure but the HP is identical, I would suspect nothing has changed except for the configuration of the exhaust and things like the air box for the new chassis.
The engine should be identical.

·
Registered
848 Posts
goto the BRP parts store: Can Am ATV and lookup the cam and valve part numbers for both years. If they are the same then your after market parts should fit. One user mentioned that the tolerances are better in the new motors so the cams are tighter but still the same parts.

Reactions: xhickx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up the part # for a 2010 and compared it to the 2012 and they are one part number off =/ I wanted a looney tuned exhaust/ron woods nether one make it for my model

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would call and ask them. Sometimes the part numbers get updated with newer models but the parts don't change too much if at all and will interchange. i.e.: rear diffs. When I had to get a new rear diff for my '07 last rear I had to get one for a commander because they didn't make the old ones anymore or so they said. The only difference in the two is extra mounts which makes the case a little beefier imo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts