Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just became the proud owner (again) of a KQ so we need to spool up the suzuki section so I can get the skinny on whats new and exciting in the world of KQ mods! I had an 05 KQ when they first came out, sold it for my outty 800 and now a friend is selling her KQ for a pretty good price so I couldn't help myself and will take it off of her hands. Now that our daughter is a bit older, my wife wants to start riding again so this would be a good quad for her to run. With that said, who's running a KQ and what have you done to it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got a 06 king quad for the wife. Put in a twin air filter, epi clutch kit, and a xpatv 3 inch lift, as well as some 27" itp tires. Good quad for her, lots of ground clearance, really good on gas. She can almost go more places than I can on my outlander 800. Was thinking of putting a pipe on it and maybe a vdi box to give it a littl more low end power, but its good enough for her for right now

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEah, this quad we have has 26" mud gear on it and nothing else but it'll be a good rig for the wife and the daughter. I have yet to go through it since I got it. But its in pretty good shape, was rolled once, actually four times down an imbankment. I watched the whole thing. kinda funny. But it saved me some money when I had to buy it from them.. v-twin.. did you ever look into the prp stabilizer for yours? That might be the one thing I do do to it cause of the bump steer...

·
Registered
57 Posts
no I've never looked into getting a steering stabilizer. Do think there really worth it for the price?

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have read, its a night and day difference..especially on the KQ. The touchy steering on them will benefit immensely from the stabilizer. They have nearly zero caster angle to allow for easy steering, which also allows for a lot more feedback and bar movement from impacts with terrain. I am going to gauge whether I buy one for the KQ depending on how the one I have for my outty..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts