Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve a 2005 outlander 400 XT. Took carb out to clean it up/tune it. I have the ground and one power wire for the heating element hooked up (next to each other).

The issue is a second power “plug” that I haven’t figured out where it goes. Like for another heating element. It is only a few inches from the “heating element” plug on the carb but on same power wire. Naturally my pics of the carb before pulling it, does not show where that one goes. looked at carb and didn’t see a second heating element plug.

Any thoughts?

thanks

·
Regular Joe
2014 Maverick 1000r
6,698 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Yeah there's just the one bowl warmer on those things, not even essential in warmer climates, imo, but I'm striking out trying to think of what other power lead might be in that area, cause it doesn't have anything to do with the carb. It's been a hot minute since I was in there on my old 400.... have you checked the service manual wiring schematic?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site.

Yeah there's just the one bowl warmer on those things, not even essential in warmer climates, imo, but I'm striking out trying to think of what other power lead might be in that area, cause it doesn't have anything to do with the carb. It's been a hot minute since I was in there on my old 400.... have you checked the service manual wiring schematic?
From what I’ve seen I couldn’t find anything for that either. Looking at various pics of the carb and schematics couldn’t see anything either. Will most likely just go with the two (ground and heater) and call it. Pulled the carb off just in case there was something goofy and plugged underneath somewhere. Living up in the great whir north that heater comes in handy. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts