Can-Am ATV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The older bars have the brackets for the "grab bar"

I have a welder now so future project is pull it all apart and zap it solid.
Held up great this season, no problems with vibration or loosening.

I cant have the above the bar mounts like the plow guys do it.
I go under too many down trees and branches etc. Id rip them off in no time unless I rigged them kind of loose so they could be folded down.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Srry to jack your thread kusa.
A guy can never have too many useful lights ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
@Jungleman

Great! Now where does one go to get that handlebar attachment, to bring the light out a good distance from the handlebars. It does look like it would clear the display panel on my 570.

The plastic already had the cutouts which made locating the holes for the bar easy.

A couple of handlebar mounts for a winch switch mounted it up to the handlebars since mine doesnt have the brackets welded on and 2 "mini" bar mounts mounted the light np.

All in all it was a fun and useful project.
View attachment 96411

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
156 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Search ebay for can am outlander handlebar support bar.
Theres 3 right now....

Nothing comes up if you call it a grab handle.

Screenshot_20201105-071651_eBay.jpg

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Reactions: Synthetic

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Now you have me thinking about a binocular/phone mount....
I have a soft case tied to the 10" bar brackets that worked pretty well

Actually, it works perfect..
but...hmmm...

Too bad they dont come in green but black would work.

Ok my turn!
Stg everytime I think Im finally done....
Thanks a lot ;)

·
Registered
Outlander MAX PRO 570 2019
156 Posts
Now you have me thinking about a binocular/phone mount....
I have a soft case tied to the 10" bar brackets that worked pretty well
View attachment 100250

Actually, it works perfect..
but...hmmm...
View attachment 100248

Too bad they dont come in green but black would work.

Ok my turn!
Stg everytime I think Im finally done....
Thanks a lot ;)
View attachment 100249
Your binoculars seems to be perfect as is.
But phoneholder...I have to fix this,would like to have an shockproof easy on/easy off design.(without paying ram-mount $)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well, I paid ram mount money to secure my chainsaw but cheaped out on the phone holder(s)....
This one has held up to the torture test that is me. It holds my music player phone down low so I can glance down and change tracks if I want. I also use that one for backup nav phone...
It grips tight and has a locking nut. Has never come loose or broke...do have to remove the phone cover tho.

And a simple magnet mount holds my main nav phone...fits tight sideways, never fallen off. Use them in my truck too.

There are better, more expensive options but these work for me.

Srry again bro.
There was a recent thread but search is wasting my time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good evening folks.... quick question for y’all
I want to install LED lights on my 04’ Outlander, does anyone know if they built a 12v tap into the factory harness or am I better off running a new fused tap to the batt?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
There was an unused 12v lead on my 07 under my panel where the 12v "cigarette lighter" round plug was when I swapped that out for a double usb...
All depends on if you want your lights wired so they only work with the key on, or always hot so you can flip them on anytime...

I ran a fused hot lead off the battery and located it up front under that same panel, then feed any "always hot" accessories like my lights and charger etc to that.
Just look for any loose factory wire not tied to anything and capped and test it. Seems like there was another unused key on, hot lead, down at the carb heater also....

I have to throw in, I always assume anyone customizing anything has common sense but make sure whatever system you tap into to pull power for accessories isnt going to be affected by the power draw or, like a malfunctioning lightbar install someone else did, get wrecked because of a faulty install...

Cant really mess anything up on these older bikes but Id be a lot more careful about tapping into -any- system on a newer ride without identifying it.

If you have a electrical schematic it helps to find "xtra" key on leads, or "always hot" feeds in the factory harness but if your not sure, what system it flows thru I wouldnt mess with it myself.
The easy way is to run a fused lead off the batt but its possible to have key on or on with low beams, high beams etc it really comes down to personal choice and how youre going to use the aux lighting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jungle man.... Thanks for the heads up on this. For the record, I am an accomplished mechanic and have been for over 30+yrs. Worked on everything from 2-strokes to 12v quarry/industrial engines.... just say’n
But do appreciate the “common sense” comment. All too often I have seen many a self-proclaimed mechanic perform/attempt their own repairs and in reality only “hacked away” at. Most times doing more damage then good.

keep on truck’n

·
Registered
2020 Outlander DPS 850, 2016 Outlander Max XT 1000R
33 Posts
If anyone is interested, here’s what I put on and the particulars.

If only my fat fingers could reach that wire cluster in the front. Did you take off the air intake to get to the cluster with the accessories plugs?

·
Registered
2021 Canam Outlander 1000 Max XTP
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
If only my fat fingers could reach that wire cluster in the front. Did you take off the air intake to get to the cluster with the accessories plugs?
No, I simply pulled the intake back and used a flat screwdriver to work the metal clip off. Once it was off, I pulled the connector up to where I could remove the non wired end. I put pins on my wires and inserted them in the connector. Then, I put the connector back into place. It was fairly easy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning... OK here is the sad update:
The “bargain” I thought I was getting has turned out to be a rolling pile of 💩
I supposed the first sign of trouble should have been when the brakes failed backing off the truck.. ( mind U that this was the very 1st time I have ever loaded/unloaded a wheeler in a pick-up)) can we say “Pucker moment kiddies!
But Oh no this is just the beginning for Ole “Ski” ( that’s me) and this wretched ride.
“Dad I want a 4-wheeler” they said..... Y’all know the rest of that one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sooooo, as the story goes. So far I have had to do a brake re-line all around, rubber boot on l/s rear swing arm rotted/cracked, both robber sleeves on the clutch cover air pipes disintegrated, recoil start is all but destroyed on the inside, and the last time the oil was changed Regan was president.

work is underway and I hope to be working on LED light install by this evening

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh yeah on more frustrating thing.... make sure y’all check the rotation on your winch drum ..... BEFORE you put your fingers in there and tell your lovely wife to hit the “out” button..... Holy *** ouch! I mean what kind of “yard” winds the cable backwards.... ever?

ok I’m done... sorry for vent’n

41 - 60 of 67 Posts