Can-Am ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another tire thread zillas vs mudlite 2

9K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Krazykanuk 
#1 ·
Trying to decide between maxxis zillas (same tire as CST Wildthang) and ITP mudlite 2. Atv is a 2017 outlander 650 XT bone stock. Going to step up from a 26 to 27” tire.

I do a bit of rock crawling nothing crazy, mixed in with hard pack trails and some mud/ water spots.

Can’t decide between the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I’ve ran the zillas and they rock. Awesome in just about all terrains. I highly recommend them.

As for the plug lites, excuse me I mean mud lites. From what I’ve seen they are junk. 2 buddies ran them and I couldn’t tell you how many plugs they had in them

#4 ·
I’ve ran the zillas and they rock. Awesome in just about all terrains. I highly recommend them.

As for the plug lites, excuse me I mean mud lites. From what I’ve seen they are junk. 2 buddies ran them and I couldn’t tell you how many plugs they had in them
He is asking about the Mud Lite IIs, very different tire and wayyyy better. Don't confuse the two.

#3 ·
I was looking at them both and like the Mud Lite IIs. I can't say enough how I like they way they work. Snow, sand, rock , on the trail and a little mud too. Don't let anybody try and say they are like the older Mud Lites. Two very different tires period.. The Zillas are just as good, but you are the one who will have the final say. Good luck!

#7 ·
WRONG! again, there are some You-Tube videos. I know I watch them. One that does compare the two. The ATV was a 1000 XMR IN THE VIDEO. When I purchase my Mud Lite IIs, I had both tires side/side and in my opinion the Mud Lite IIs had better tread and a stronger tire compound. If you pushed on their faces you could see a big difference. And to boot they were a only penny apart in price. Had them for just over two years and highly recommend them.

#20 ·
Going from 26” terracross tires to 28 zillas which I believe are 2-3lbs heavier per tire will I NEED a clutch kit. I wouldn’t think that a couple pounds per tire would make a huge difference, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
My wife's bike has 27 zillas an my friends bike sportsman 850 sp has 27" mudlite 2s an they both do good in trails mudlight I'd say a slightly better trail tire.. zillas I think are a little better in mud... but the mudlite 2s are heavey for what they are an really put a damper on the 850s bottom end.. even with an epi clutch kit.. my wife's bike has little to no power difference with the zillas.. very light tire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.