Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found coolant on both sides of the engine on my 2012 800R outlander max. Photos below. I read a couple threads but not sure I got this right.
The bolt on top of the hose fitting was loose on each cylinder. The one at the top. I snugged it up. ???? Any chance that’s it? There is also coolant visible in the tube attached to the plug (not the cap but the plug under the fender) and at top of the plastic tank but I can’t trace the tube to see where it drains. Coolant is below the min line now.
does anyone know if those bolts could have caused a small leak on each side? Both sides at the same rime?
Is automotive antifreeze ok to top it off?

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Leaky bleeder screw. Easy fix, may just need to snug it up a little more. Try that first then go from there. A couple droplets of coolant in weep hose is normal. If it's dripping out of the hose then there's an issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I snugged them and cleaned up the little bit on the engine. then plowed my driveway. Nothing on the engine now. Hope that’s it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Common re-occuring issue with a fairly inexpensive permanent (so far) fix...especially if you have a twin, shipping is a killer but still worth it everytime I look in there.

Fixed the valve cover oil seep on mine too.

Click link for aluminum waterneck/valve cover x2 combo...

I like to call it insurance 😉

·
Registered
646 Posts
Damn guy did you just get this thing, how many issues do you have? Pull the plastics like someone said in one of your other threads and take a look. But like above it's most likely bleeder screw

·
Registered
554 Posts
Damn guy did you just get this thing, how many issues do you have?
Haha Im having flashbacks...
Theres never any guarantee even with new or "newer in excellent condition"

Some guys get lucky and never have to do anything but routine maintenence, the rest of us not so much.

You never know till you go. It is what it is.

Better to find the issues in the driveway than 20 miles from the truck I always say.

Good job dealing with everything so far, some never have a single issue. Thats not my luck with anything ever.

Ive learned to accept thats just the way it is sometimes :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always a couple issues to tackle when you pick one up. Even when they are new. I put heated grips, Light bar, fuel pax, and GPS on it and then found a couple small issues. I’ve never owned a can am, so wanted to check things in the forum....seems likely more collective knowledge here than any dealership.
I appreciate all the feedback.... helpful.

one ride in and really like it he can am 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts