Can-Am ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
We we’re fishing for a week about two weeks late on the spawn but we did catch a few good ones the second smallie was 4 lb 12 oz wish she was full of eggs !!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Theres some nice fillets.
Good one.

Been trout fishing myself, about to start shad fishing.
Trail cams are going out.

Love this time of year

·
Registered
565 Posts
nice fish!! Memorial day weekend we went pan fishing where we were camping.. The weather has been so screwy that they weren't on their 'normal' beds. Normally we can just worm dunk on each side of a dock and just slay them. This time we had to take the pontoons out and go after them. Were able to catch enough to feed 20 adults (with side dishes). Love good old fish fries

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Theres some nice fillets.
Good one.

Been trout fishing myself, about to start shad fishing.
Trail cams are going out.

Love this time of year
Two things
One (kind of funny) I’m deathly allergic to fish can’t eat them lol

two 98% of our fish are catch and release ,dad might keep a couple walleyes every now and then.

And yes love this time of year too!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
More nice smallies!
Youre so lucky to have those.
There is a lake up in the mtns where I caught nice smallmouth like that when I was a kid
Always thought about going back and seeing if theyre still there.

Meanwhile, streams are fishing good.

These are from the trip before last.
Nothing but small rainbows friday.
Still huntin them 4lb rainbows for the smokers!
They were catching them all around me week before last. I got one to slurp up a night crawler and I missed him arrrgh!
It usually isnt this hard to fill the smokers. Im about ready to buy some fillets.

The 3 I kept for dinner.
20&21" brookies 22"brown

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just got word last night that my mount is finally done! The guy does this out of his garage and refuses to upgrade technology.. so i have no clue what the finish project will look like.. outside of the rack lol.. told him where i wanted to hang it, and told him to use his professional opinion on the shoulder mount. It's my first mount so i had no clue.. he laughed and said "alright!"

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Our best taxidermist did it out of his house. He was $100 cheaper than everybody else and did 1000 times better work.

Did he have any done or waiting to be picked up you could look at when you dropped yours off?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Our best taxidermist did it out of his house. He was $100 cheaper than everybody else and did 1000 times better work.

Did he have any done or waiting to be picked up you could look at when you dropped yours off?
yeah he does amazing work! he had everything you could think of hanging up in his garage, include awards. He started doing it as a hobby, and now does it full time. He only takes in a certain number per season so he doesn't feel rushed and can still have a life (told me to call before i came out to pick it up because he might be out fishing lol).

my wife had called him while i was still 'up north' shortly after sending out the 'i got one!' photos/texts, and told him about the story behind it. He reserved a slot for me, but told me to rush home so he could start the process for him. So i left the next day following the morning hunt. Now i have to find a small chain and drill a hole through the shell to hang around his neck as he hangs on my wall

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just got these yard buck pics from a buddy

Im trying to get time to get my trail cams out. Gonna set up in an area where there were two albino fawns last season.
Should have some cool vids in a couple weeks if they made it thru the winter and the mtn lions or bears didnt eat them.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
And this came today with a qad hd ultra rest I got for a bow Im setting up for this seasons hunt woo hoo!
Bonus knife.

Pretty cool, has the QAD logo in the handle instead of SOG and has "Quality Archery Designs" on the other side.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Haha
Hey for the price (free) I wont feel bad thrashing it.

As much as those arrow rests cost its the least they could do ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Haha
Hey for the price (free) I wont feel bad thrashing it.

As much as those arrow rests cost its the least they could do ;)
Yeah the guys at the archery shop save them for me I put them in the parts washer for scrapers, and they even walk away sometimes :unsure:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I wouldnt mind if a couple more "walked" my direction lol

Good little edc deep pocket beater.

Hey do me a favor and ask your bow shop if they have any hoyt 180 rubber grips laying around.
I dont care for the wood grip on a hunting bow.
Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
They had ordered me some in back when I shot Hoyt and yeah didn’t care for the wood either the rubber ones also take a little shock out too !! But like check tomorrow night. Looks like the same I had on my Carbon spider, nytrum and Pro defiant I would think that should be available???

81 - 100 of 135 Posts