Can-Am ATV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I hate shoes!!!
Give me a good pair of soft soled moccasins anyday.

Try to find a 180 grip I dare you.
Were as plentiful as raindrops in a spring downpour, altho as popular as a mullet, now they have seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

I have a wtb posted on the archery forum and my dealer couldnt find one they called hoyt and everything.

Moving on to a shrewd pro fit in delrin now, just waiting for confirmation itll fit.

But if you can find one I'll pay for it and a finders fee if you want.

I just picked up that spyder to replace mine that got stolen last season, tried to set it up all day yesterday, just cant get past that wear on the handle, couldnt bring myself to do it.
Its up on local cl for $600 and its going back up on ebay sunday night for $700 if none of the guys buy it this weekend.
The guy put it in the description just didnt put up good enough pics or I never would have bought it.

Mine was hammered from hunting mishaps but the camo was pristine....watever

Got a nitrum30 on the way.
The guy knows bows, the cam timing and lean is set, altho he admitted he doesnt have a draw board...

I'll see when it gets here.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Yeah they can’t get one either poof gone on more. I liked my nytrums my son haves both of them now lol.they are definitely Shooters I think you’ll like it

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
It was on the list after the spyder.
Every couple of years a new bow catches my eye.
Picked up a g5 quest rogue last year. Love it, shoots just like a hoyt.
Smoked that buck opening day.

The nitrum looks like a keeper thanks for the review good to hear!

Was going to grab a spyder in better condition cosmetically when I came across the nitrum I figured wth I'll give it a chance.

It has some mighty big shoes to fill. The spyder w/rocket cams is THE best shooting bow hoyt makes imo
Smoked a lot of bucks with that thing.

Also shoot an alphaburner w/spirals, double lung shot with that thing drops em in their tracks, literally.
Shortest blood trails ever!
But at 34"ata and heavy for all day stillhunting so it goes up in the tree with me.
And the razortec w/spirals used to be my #1 long distance bow before 2013.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey just took a look at you post and you guys have got some nice bucks. I have not been hunting deer that long. the times was I got nothing. but I have been hunting moose most of my life in Newfoundland . they are not the biggest but when you got to backpack it out that is ok. here is the last two I got

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The two moose that wondered into the black hills that I know of.. one got killed by a poacher the other one by a cop on school grounds. Don’t seam to have a chance around here .
I would mind a few moose and black bears in da hills

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I hunted colorado for mulies and elk once and there was a sign posted in a meadow with a pic of a moose basically saying hey nonresident clueless hunters, this is a moose, dont shoot it :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I wanted to hunt there and find one just to see it but we were just passin thru chasin antlers.

Yeah they can’t get one either poof gone on more. I liked my nytrums my son haves both of them now lol.they are definitely Shooters I think you’ll like it
So what did you move on to after the nitrum and why shoot anything but a hoyt?
Lol

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The two moose that wondered into the black hills that I know of.. one got killed by a poacher the other one by a cop on school grounds. Don’t seam to have a chance around here .
I would mind a few moose and black bears in da hills
Tons of bears here.
Cant put a trail cam out anywhere out west of here where we hunt without them finding them & if you have an overnight blood trail to get on in the morning better be packin a big dog and your .44
Not kidding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
I hunted colorado for mulies and elk once and there was a sign posted in a meadow with a pic of a moose basically saying hey nonresident clueless hunters, this is a moose, dont shoot it :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I wanted to hunt there and find one just to see it but we were just passin thru chasin antlers.

So what did you move on to after the nitrum and why shoot anything but a hoyt?
Lol
Defiant, pro defiant, carbon defiant, vertix and now VXR and I still have my pro for now lol !!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Mathews???
I dont know if we can hang out anymore....

J/k those all look great. Im always 6-10yrs behind on the new models unless something really catches my eye. I play catchup when theyre way below retail on the forum.
Almost grabbed a carbon spyder, I remember how much they were new, now....lol

We can only get two bucks here and I can only shoot one bow at a time so I tend to stick with what works for me.

Whenever I do get a newer bow its always the first blood goto then the rest of my bows get to fight over who gets to be #2

Hate to see them not get hunted but its always nice to have options.

Pulled this off the wall and shot it today.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Good one!

Luckily for us the one zone we grew up hunting is a huge area of public land national forest with two wilderness areas thrown in and it is still otc.

They have dropped the quota down to the point that if you want tags you better get them before bow season opens because they sold out the last couple of seasons.

I know a lot of guys that used to get a tag and -if- they got a buck -then- they would grab a second since that zone used to never fill.

Those days are gone.
Closer and closer to becoming a draw every season.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
How far was the shot?
Looks like a lot of open ground there.

Tell us about your rifle if you feel like it.
Looks like a good setup.
Got tired of carrying the sticks/tripod years ago, mounted a bipod on my bdl.
Best decision ever. Drew a rifle mule deer tag that year, shot my buck off them. With all the burns we had last year theres a LOT of open long range opportunities now.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
All of the "B" zones are where we have hunted all our lives. They are all otc and the tag is good for archery AND rifle. One tag covers every "B" zone.

There are some perks to being born and raised in north california.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thank you for reminding me.

I missed the draw this year because money was tight then and Im good with two B tags.
But no chance for a pronghorn now and I missed out on a point by not applying.

Our mule deer hunts SUCK unless you do archery or have a ranch to pop one out of the alfalfa fields.
Get drawn for elk better get an outfitter...
Anyways np with two B tags, love me some archery blacktails.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The nitrum bow is a bit more substantial than the spyder but I saw that in the specs and I like it.

Reminds me of my alphaburner.
Just a solid bow all around.
Will make a good quad bow.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
This weekend is the total archery challenge here in western SD.we are shooting sun 900 am nock time been practicing my butt off.. was shooting out to 100 yrds last night & I’ve been shooting pretty good. But I bet I still get schooled... I guess if I can get through two big corses and only lose 3 to 6 arrows I’m going to call it a win!!
If you’ve never done one and was or are thinking about it DO IT!!!! Awesome shoot for sure!!! I think the longest shot last year was 124 yrds at a moose.

101 - 120 of 136 Posts