Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read pages and pages about grease over the last few days. Many fellas fighting over grease in thier Skidoo's.

From all ive gathered. Mobil 28 and Areoshell22 are the same as Isoflex but only $16 for a full grease gun sized tube.

I am going to be trying some Mobil28 in my clutch soon and will report back when I do.

Anyone else successfully use any other types of grease besides the $90 a tube canam lube ?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
you can get a small tube out of Ontario or Quebec for $35ish plus tax and shipping. It will last a long time as the one way requires very little. I got mine from ORPS parts in Newmarket Ontario but they don't list it now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
you can get a small tube out of Ontario or Quebec for $35ish plus tax and shipping. It will last a long time as the one way requires very little. I got mine from ORPS parts in Newmarket Ontario but they don't list it now.
Yep, same here (Orps) and it'll last for decades so little is needed/used each time you service.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
AK, can you find it on their site? I wasn't able to yesterday.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I couldn't find it either a while ago ... called to order and it was here in a couple days. Probably more expensive now too when you have to add 35% CAD
That Mobil 28 is $50 CAD + per tube around here ... where did you find it for $16 madyammy?

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I used plain ol hi-temp wheel bearing grease from my grease gun on my 07 one-way....serviced once a year for the 5 seasons I rode it...zero issues. Isoflex shmizoflex...

·
Registered
214 Posts
How'd that red stuff work out for u ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My lazy ass didn't get in there to service the bearings yet. I'll let you know how it works out though. My new bearings arrived the other day so I'll be at it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bump ! How'd it work ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ha.. Haven't got at it yet. Hockey, birthday parties, a good throat infection, bla bla bla.. Something else is always happening. The ole CanAm just sits quietly, wondering why it gets treated like my Yamaha did. Neglected until ride time .

2015 CanAm 800xt, Dalton clutch kit, 27" STI Black Diamond XTR's

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thought you might of been trapped in the house by the black bear.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have used caliper grease from local auto parts store with good results. I just grease it a little more often.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts