Can-Am ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 14outlander 800 stock exhaust I'm looking for an aftermarket hmf swamp series exhaust with the fuel tuner to give me a little more power. I do not want a loud exhaust I do alot of night riding and don't need to upset people. So can anyone tell me how much of a difference in sound it is when riding 20+mph and at a high rpm and do you run the full system or just the slip on?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't have the Swamp exhaust, but my Performance Series wouldn't be something I'd use if I was trying to be a little incognito at night, the swamp series isn't as loud as the Swamp XL I know that. Lower speed/RPM's tends to be louder & mellows out a bit when you get goin, if your 20mph or below that's where most of the sound comes out of mine. You looked at a Muzzy, Big Gun Evo. Just some options, some other guys on here that have those pipes could help u with that.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I had the swamp series on my old 500, basically sounded like stock, barely louder, just deeper tone.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm running a full swamp series XL system and HMF optimizer. It is quite a bit louder than stock but not as loud as a performance exhaust I think you'll be okay but if you pin it it's going to be pretty loud

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I know the swamp series XL is louder then just the normal swamp series.. I'm probably just gonna go with it.. How much of a power increase did you guys notice with the exhaust and fuel tuner

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed a good amount of pick up at the mid ranger to top end. There's a little gain right of the line but not very noticeable. Then they seem to just take off. Would also recommend changing your stock air filter as well since you are going to need more air flow

·
Registered
169 Posts
I feel a bit more in the mid-high range, a little more snappier down low, not much though, an optimizer is always recommended. You can read numerous articles on here about stock air filters vs aftermarket, I believe the stock flows just as good if not better than aftermarket ones, actually produce more HP than others in some tests. Vforcejohn (member on here) gave me some good info when it comes to comparing air filters. My exhaust came with a K&N filter when I ordered it on Ebay. YouTube is nice to look at all the different exhaust tones, different size engines are going to sound different, what you may think sounds great on a 500 may not sound as good on an 800/1000, I researched alot before I got mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts