Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of tracks from a friend a few years ago good condition Apache WT tracks with all the mounting hardware. About a year later finally pulled the trigger and got a new Can am 2019 850 Outlander Max. I inquired with the dealer about a kit to mount the tracks to my wheeler and they said Can Am doesn't make one. They said the machine has too much power for those tracks. I really doubt the accuracy of that claim, but I'm no expert either. At another Can Am dealer I asked the same question, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.
So, i went ahead and ordered the Apache 360 mount kit in hope I can somehow get the antirotation assemblies on the WT tracks to mount up. We'll see.
Does anyone have pictures on here of this same type of setup , WT tracks on Gen 2 frame?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a set of tracks from a friend a few years ago good condition Apache WT tracks with all the mounting hardware. About a year later finally pulled the trigger and got a new Can am 2019 850 Outlander Max. I inquired with the dealer about a kit to mount the tracks to my wheeler and they said Can Am doesn't make one. They said the machine has too much power for those tracks. I really doubt the accuracy of that claim, but I'm no expert either. At another Can Am dealer I asked the same question, and they said it wouldn't be a problem.
So, i went ahead and ordered the Apache 360 mount kit in hope I can somehow get the antirotation assemblies on the WT tracks to mount up. We'll see.
Does anyone have pictures on here of this same type of setup , WT tracks on Gen 2 frame?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure what you mean by Apache WT ? Are these the earlier model ? Just finished mounting these tracks on my 2019 canam max I was also told they didn’t make a kit to adapt so I built my own. I can send pics if I can get your email

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you mean by Apache WT ? Are these the earlier model ? Just finished mounting these tracks on my 2019 canam max I was also told they didn’t make a kit to adapt so I built my own. I can send pics if I can get your email
Hey, That would be great, I was hoping someone would have some pictures as to how the antirotation rods attach in the front and back of the machine. I would be grateful if you could send a few pictures , I have been scouring the internet and haven't come up with a lot that helps so far. I do a lot of fabrication work and have all the tools needed to make any modifications welder, lathe, ect...I was just worried having never run tracks before that if i mounted them incorrectly i might damage something in the suspension or something. I came across one thread on here that mentioned combining the mount kit from the Apache 360 tracks, and the mount kit from the older Apache WT tracks (I believe that's what they are called, pre 2011 I think) I also ordered the DPS module for the tracks I guess that increases the power to the steering and adjusts the speedometer for the tracks. My email is [email protected] Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards, Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anti-rotation brackets may be daunting trying to customize without first seeing them, but they all use a similar system.

Front:
There are two plates that sandwich around the top and bottom of the lower a-arm. The connection point is roughly below the bottom ball joint where the anti-rotation rod extends forward. It looks like the original wt tracks use a solid bar, but I'd strongly suggest using a spring style to give the front track articulation. A cable is connected roughly the middle of the a-arm bracket to the track mounting point.

Rear:
A tube with drop down brackets is installed in the square tubing near the rear tti pivot. You'll need to pull the fancy plastic cover off to instal the tube. A z shape rod connects to the drop down bracket and extends rearward and outward towards the track frame bracket. Plastic pucks (at least on the BRP) or springs are used to again provide some articulation of the rear track.

This may sound confusing, but hopefully is isn't. You'll probably only need to modify the brackets on the actual track frame. One thing that would help is to look at an atv or sxs on tracks whether its a can-am or not. For someone with access to decent tools, it isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, That would be great, I was hoping someone would have some pictures as to how the antirotation rods attach in the front and back of the machine. I would be grateful if you could send a few pictures , I have been scouring the internet and haven't come up with a lot that helps so far. I do a lot of fabrication work and have all the tools needed to make any modifications welder, lathe, ect...I was just worried having never run tracks before that if i mounted them incorrectly i might damage something in the suspension or something. I came across one thread on here that mentioned combining the mount kit from the Apache 360 tracks, and the mount kit from the older Apache WT tracks (I believe that's what they are called, pre 2011 I think) I also ordered the DPS module for the tracks I guess that increases the power to the steering and adjusts the speedometer for the tracks. My email is [email protected] Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards, Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe the difference in the lastest 360 Apache tracks and the earlier ones (about 2011) is in the design of the center triangular mount and the way the front tracks could articulate (float up or down) on the earlier models. They have a pivot built into the skid and mount .The older ones have 4 bogie wheels and 4- 10” wheels. The Apache 360 have more wheels and use springs to control articulation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks in advance
I’m having the same issue did you get the new kit to mount to the old tracks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like them too!!

[email protected]

Thanks
I would like them also. [email protected]. Thanks
So I got 2007 Tracks mounted to a 2021 Outlander Max XT

Here are some photos of what I did.
Front, Used the 2021 mount kit on the A arm and the 2007 arm to mount from that to the track, had to make a bracket for the steering limiter. Over all worked out good.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

The rear I used the frame mount from the 2021 kit and the arm from that mount to the bracket from the 2007. I had to add another bracket to reach the mount and needed to space it out so it wouldn't hit the rotor on the right side. needed a longer carrier bolt so I could use it to space the bracket off and add anti rotation to that bracket I made.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Automotive wheel system Machine

Automotive tire Light Rim Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bicycle part Rim

Wheel Tire Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Vehicle

Just need some snow now !!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outlander XMR 650
5,622 Posts
Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle

Google categorizes your tracked ATV as a self-propelled artillery combat vehicle

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That's effin awesome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts