Can-Am ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to mt magezine today for a solo ride. I took a chainsaw just incase I ran into a downed tree from this recent ice storm. Wow! It's terrible how much trees were down, leaning, or broke. I ran all the fuel I had for the saw and didn't really make a difference. The main Forrest roads were clean but the trails will need a lot of attention. Just giving you guys a heads up. Chime in as you hear of improvements. Thanks.

· Registered
1,107 Posts
I'm willing to help also,we usually stay at the lodge when we go up.....

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mt. magezine is south of Paris,AR. On hwy 309. It's the highest point in Arkansas. 2755ft I believe. I'm free most weekends to get together. I'm going to call the ranger office Monday and see if they have plans to take care of the mess or if it'll be volunteer mostly.

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are a mixture of fast hard pack, deep mud, rocky rough, Forrest roads, and some awesome over looks. The skill level has decreased since they've been widening the system. They're making it more SxS friendly.

· Registered
688 Posts
I,ve been to Mena AR. three times during the summer months.
We stay'ed @ Sugar creek Lodge.
I would like to ride different area's & trails now in AR. Is their any web sight I can go to for info or mayby a phone # for information on the local trails systems ??

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Yea we rode mt magazine a few weeks ago and it was ok.. Went to wolf pen this past weekend and rode the Ross Foundation this weekend. Had a blast..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.