Can-Am ATV Forum banner

ATV Loading Ramps

28K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  420AllDay 
#1 ·
Hello, Was wondering what you guys are using for ramps to load and unload out of your truck. I'm interested in the long ramps but not sure about weight and I'm VERY concerned on that. I figure with me on it when loading and unloading its probably.......COUGH1,050. I'm getting a chevy 2500 ext cab long box don't no if that helps but I would like who makes your ramps and how long there are and where you got them at and how you like them. I'm very intimidated by doing this because I've seen someone get seriously hurt when loading and they didn't put the straps on and it came out from under them and it was real nasty so I no to use the strap but this is the only way I can do this and tow my travel trailer. Thanks guys any information is much appreciated

Reactions: Rmaybee
#29 ·
I made it. Didnt trust all that weight on the tailgate so I built it heavy duty. 1/4" wall 2" tube steel with 1/4" aluminum diamond plate top and rubber supports under resting on the bumper. The plate rests 5" into the bed too. Whole thing is painted with epoxy enamel and coated with rubber undercoating so it should last a while.
Fits perfect. If I did it all over again tho I would have used a truck bed toolbox as the support for storage once the atv was unloaded. If I take my wheeler camping I'll have to put all my gear inside truck as there isnt jack for room in the bed with the atv.

#30 ·
That white kid

NO if i take my F250 super duty and put it in the back I have to find a ditch my ramps are way to short for the hieght of my truck! I put it in 4x4 and bury it if i can changes the angle to almost flat! lol

#32 ·
I just got rid of my utility trailer last year and i'm now in need of some heavy duty ramps. Ive been looking at the Revarc trifold, Titan HD, and the Black widow's,i'm still undecided as which ones i will end up with but my question is how much of a difference does it make between the 8,9,and 10 foot ramps? As the prices go up alot with the longer ramps ,and i have never loaded this big of of a wheeler in the back of a truck before.Is the difference in the 10 foot ramp significantly easier to load compared to the 8 foot ramp?

#33 ·
I was torn between the revarc, black widows and the ones I ended up getting. Link on previous page.
Black widows were very pricey, wouldn't both fit under the atv. The revarc was nice and heavy duty, but I liked the closer rung spacing on mine incase I use it to load a mower or anything with small tires, was cheapest of the 3, and fit perfectly under atv. After using mine a couple times I like the trifold one peice more than I thought I would. There is no guessing on width vs the single ramps or possibility of one side slipping out or turning out or in if hit at a slight angle. Anythjng over 7ft is plenty flat. I wanted 10ft at first, but realize now its just a waste of money and space. If you want less incline, park and load somewhere at a slight opposite incline. I back into my driveway which slopes to the street for easier loading, but I've loaded the other way with no probs either. Hope that helps u decide.

#34 ·
I have the Revarc 8' trifold and they are great. Solid as heck and only about #40. Fit under my 650 max. When they are in the bed I can still close the tailgate with my 8' bed if I have a blaster in the bed and my max on a trailer. I put the arched part towards the tailgate and the straight part fits under my toolbox.

#35 ·
I ended picking up the Revarc HD UTV ramps,and i'm pretty impressed so far...GOT them at my local dealer for $270.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.